INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi disc tags  (Read 2501 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Multi disc tags
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:40:42 am »

Hi

Is there a multi disc tag in MC? I have imported with dbpoweramp and it seems to tag a 2 disc set as "1/2", "2/2" in meta data and recogniswd this as a multibdisc set. MC then loads this as "1" and "2" in [Disc #] field. No apparent multi disc or total disc number data.

Thing is I did a tidy up and effectively re entered the [Disc #] as 1 and 2 and of course that then changed the meta data in the file. Oops. So now my dbpoweramp naming formula has had to be changed and I've lost any reference to total number of discs in a set.

Cheers
Z

Arindelle

Re: Multi disc tags
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:02:17 am »

Hey

Yes there is a field in JRiver called [Total Discs]. I can't test this right now but I know you can map a field in dbpoweramp under the metadata options and go down to the bottom where it says Custom and fixed Value tags. I use a bunch of fixed value ones. But I think the correlated tagq for dbpoweramp to Total Discs is [disctotal] so you might want to try just putting in the JRiver tag and to the right [disctotal] or =[disctotal]. Otherwise you would have to manually populate this from the metadata tab (bottom middle of the main UI. Sort of a PITA to do this manually.

May I ask why this is important to you? Admin to make sure you have complete albums? or just consistency?

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 08:21:03 am »

I built a view a while back that looks at the [disc #] field and then finds all albums with 2 or more disks.  It then counts up all of the disks in an album and calculates the total.  I then pasted this total into the [Total Discs] field (all at once).  This made my collection consistent at that time.  It was kind of difficult to set up.  I think I had to use several smartlists and a view to do it.  But it was worth the effort for me as I had at least a dozen multi-disc albums and I was interested in disc totals also.

I can share if you'd like, but like I said, it was kind of a lot of work.

Brian.

Z0001

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:48:56 am »

Hey

Yes there is a field in JRiver called [Total Discs]. I can't test this right now but I know you can map a field in dbpoweramp under the metadata options and go down to the bottom where it says Custom and fixed Value tags. I use a bunch of fixed value ones. But I think the correlated tagq for dbpoweramp to Total Discs is [disctotal] so you might want to try just putting in the JRiver tag and to the right [disctotal] or =[disctotal]. Otherwise you would have to manually populate this from the metadata tab (bottom middle of the main UI. Sort of a PITA to do this manually.

May I ask why this is important to you? Admin to make sure you have complete albums? or just consistency?

Dbpoweramp usefully recognized multi disc sets which helped in my folder structure when doing format conversions. Also I have two broad folder schemes for secure and insecure rips and when multi disc sets get split across these I could miss a disc folder.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:11:59 am »

Dbpoweramp usefully recognized multi disc sets which helped in my folder structure when doing format conversions. Also I have two broad folder schemes for secure and insecure rips and when multi disc sets get split across these I could miss a disc folder.

hmm I don't have insecure rips very often but it still will recognize multi-disk sets and multiple format conversions depending on the mask and your personal directory scheme.

I prefer
\ARTIST
  \ALBUM
    \CD1
    \CD2

to \Artist\Album CD1\
    \Artist\Album CD2\

if that suits you just the straight Disk# works very well, you just have to edit the Album title prior to the rip of the multi-cds so that it is the same for all CD's

this is the mask I use

Code: [Select]
[IFCOMP]#2 - VARIOUS ARTISTS\[album] [IFMULTI] \CD[disc]\[]\[track]_[title]_[Album] _[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album] [IFMULTI] \CD[disc]\[]\[track]_[title]_[Album]_[artist][]
This works for both compilation and individual Album Artists if you want to try. Should be pretty easy to sift through insecure rips unless you are doing it industrially with some auto-ripper  :D

Otherwise try the custom tag mapping to JRiver tags I mentioned, I think it would work just no time to test right now.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 09:53:48 am »

I have many of these.  What I do is to select both and make sure that all tags, other than disc #, are identical.  Then MC combines them to one with the tracks ordered properly across the discs.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up