INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to confirm  (Read 2105 times)

BrandonT

• Recent member
Need to confirm
« on: April 06, 2016, 04:30:26 am »

If I convert my WMA Lossless files to FLAC, the entire process will stay lossless correct? Will my metadata transfer over without issue also?
Thanks!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need to confirm
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 04:37:11 am »

If I convert my WMA Lossless files to FLAC, the entire process will stay lossless correct?
Yes, and no "generational" loss either.

Will my metadata transfer over without issue also?
Thanks!
Depends ... you might need to remap certain fields. WMA has some limitations. Might want to look at this ...  http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping#cite_note-vorbis-ogg-tagging-6 if your WMA fields are in the Vorbis column, you should be fine with a few tweaks maybe. Convert a few compare the tags written to the file and import them to compare. DO a tag dump to see what actually is written to the files in both formats (and the field names)

BrandonT

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:47:47 pm »

Awesome. Will my playlists still work ok?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »

Try it. Convert and leave original files in place. Then if everything works like you want you can go back and delete the Wav files to save space.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 06:20:35 pm »

I'd recommend the following test:

1.  Find a file you want to convert, that is in a playlist.  Play it to make sure it plays.
2.  Copy that file somewhere outside of MC as a backup.
3.  Convert that file to your new format, using "replace original file on disk and in library".
4.  When conversion complete, verify that the old file is gone and the new file is there.
5.  Play that file from your playlist to make sure it plays.

If that works, I think you can be fairly certain of your process.  If it doesn't, you have a backup from #2 above.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up