INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scraping TV show metadata  (Read 2087 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Scraping TV show metadata
« on: June 11, 2016, 06:47:40 am »

Is there a way for JRiver to scrape a TV show synopsis from the TV DB?  Episode descriptions work, but it seems to pull no data regarding the show itself (Kodi does this - for those that have used Kodi, I'm looking for the same thing).

Assuming it can retrieve this data, would then want to be able to have it displayed in JRemote on iOS.

Thanks in advance

blgentry

Re: Scraping TV show metadata
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 08:57:55 am »

I think I understand what you want.  But where would it get displayed in JRemote?  It's not like a Series Description is 4 words.  It's a paragraph of text.

Your request isn't crazy or anything.  It just doesn't seem to be supported by the way that JRemote (and others) present data to the user.

I *think* Theater View would be a more appropriate display mechanism for this, but my exposure to Theater View is very very limited.

Brian.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:00:27 pm »

i'd be ok with a larger display for each season in two columns in jremote.    first is the season artwork.  second is synopsis that scrolls as a paragraph or displays several lines with a "read more..."

followed by next row/season.  would have to draw this one out on a whiteboard and think about it a little more in the context of jremote.

or perhaps long tap on the series art displays info about the series

you raise a good point.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:05:12 am »

I don't have a requirement to show the information on JRemote, but I have recently been thinking it would be nice if MC downloaded and displayed the Series summary that is available from TheTVDB.

Currently it doesn't even do that, as you noted. If it did, it would be hard to have the information shown as one of the display types (Toggle Display) in Theatre View.

The problem is, MC stores everything with respect to files, and not a grouping of files. So there is no record to add a Series summary to, or information for an Album, movie series, or the like.

I started looking at using the Notes feature of MC to store the data, but didn't get very far. Maybe I need to get back to that.

Anyway, +1 for getting the data into MC somehow.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:57:35 pm »

It would be amazing if we could get some kind of table that we could assign ourselves. Such as:
A column of TVDB categories and we can choose which of our fields it gets mapped to. The current ones could be fixed, but if I had a field called [Series Description], it'd be a simple thing to check mark that against the row for TVDB Series Description etc.
This is not a new suggestion either, but I imagine it's not easy to implement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up