INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going from a Detached Display into Theater View is not working well.  (Read 1645 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

When going into theater view MC should "reattach" the display or behave as if the display was attached in Standard mode.

Just try it you'll know what I mean...Detach your display and go into theater view....Annoying especially if you have Always on top enabled.

thx

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I disagree.

That would break a substantial functional purpose for the Detached Display, which is to have control on one display and a playback (in a window or fullscreen) on another. With Options > Theater View > Behavior > Jump on Play set to either None or Theater View Playing Now, it works splendidly as it is.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Interesting...  When I posted this, just a few minutes prior to...I was actually surprised I could setup 2 zones on my HTPC.   One to listen to music on my DAC while using another to watch the game in the background with the display detached... I knew MC could do this flawlessly but what surprised (impressed) me was that I could use my harmony remote to switch tracks without interfering with the TV channel being played (as long as I made sure the selected Playing now zone was for Music therefore leaving the TV channel untouched before entering fullscreen.

So I could have the game playing in full screen with the screen detached and the ability to switch tracks on the music.  Maybe this scenario is not entirely related to glynor's post but if working on my request interferes with this just ignore this!

I can definitely live with MC acting "differently" when trying to enter theater mode while the display is detached

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Each zone can have its own Detached Display. They all remember their position and fullscreen/non status and can each play back completely independently. I've run MC with 8 fullscreen Detached Displays before on a video wall, each maximized to its own monitor and playing its own video.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up