INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! MC9 keeps taking cpu usage to 100%  (Read 1312 times)

keyvan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Help! MC9 keeps taking cpu usage to 100%
« on: August 17, 2003, 08:23:28 am »

Hi

I am having a serious problem with MC9. On a regular basis the program (MC9) slows down the pc to a crawl, 100% cpu usage!! I think it has something to do with the MC9 library, the reason being that when I clear the library and import it back in from a backup it works fine for a while then the same thing happens. Sometimes it happens when using MC9 to navigate the library, sometimes when using MusicLobby.

After shutting down and restarting MC9 the cpu usage is still up to 100% until I clear the library, then it goes back to normal (9 to 10%).
Any ideas??  :'(

I am running the latest beta version (registered) but to be fair this was happening with the 9.018 version.
I am runnning XP Pro with latest updates (SP1, etc.)
My pc is P4 2.66 Ghz with 1 Gb RAM (DDR133).

I am sure it is something to with the library (or my library) file in any case.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Keyvan

LisaRCT

Re: Help! MC9 keeps taking cpu usage to 100%
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 09:12:53 am »

Check your options settings . . .

Options / General / Importing & Tagging /

Look at these two items:
Automatically Import Fies
Update Tags When File Info Changes

Make sure they are unchecked, ESPECIALLY the 'Update Tags' and see if that helps.
If it does, you can try turning on them on one at a time to see which the culprit is . . ..  I am betting on the 'Update Tags' option

keyvan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 10:29:08 am »

I tried your suggestion.
The options were ticked so I unticked them.
Made it do the same (get cpu & disk thrashing again).
Cleared liberary. Restored backup library. Alright for a few instances of use and same thing happened again.
I don't think the problem is caused by tags but it may be in "my library" which I am restoring from.
I do get the following error line over and over in the errorlog.txt in the plugin folder:
"
17/08/2003 19:16:02 Error Code: 9 - 'Subscript out of range' raised by getRadioStations
17/08/2003 19:16:02 Error Code: 9 - 'Subscript out of range' raised by getRadioStations
"
I can make this happen consistantly when I choose "all music" playlist from MusicLobby and the above error message occurs at that point (I marked the errorlog to check). So it may be Musiclobby plugin causing the offence.
But it happens (less consistantly) when navigating quickly in MC9 with no MusciLobby running - although the MusicLobby remote server plugin is always running.

Any ideas???

Keyvan R

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 11:05:37 am »

There's a bug in the current build where it'll keep rebuilding the thumbnails.  See if next build fixes it.

And I'd recommend leaving "Update Tags When File Info Changes" unless you have a really good reason to turn it off.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

keyvan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 11:17:52 am »

Thanks Matt

Is there any way to avoid (or reduce the frequency of)this happening (may be keeping away from certain operations) until the new build fixes it?

Keyvan
Pages: [1]   Go Up