INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recordings corrupt?  (Read 3111 times)

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
TV recordings corrupt?
« on: April 14, 2016, 07:07:49 am »

About 1 in 5 recordings won't open and I get a message "unable to parse".

When I check the folder, I can see the files related to the recording and in TV Shows, it displays the info and the thumbnail but it fails to open.

This is infuriating when it is a sports program and I miss the end or half the match or similar.

Are these files recoverable or repairable?
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV recordings corrupt?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 03:15:47 pm »

Are you recording in JTV or TS format?

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:26:09 pm »

jtv

the latest error was a snooker match. Could it be because it has the same name as the second session in the match that played in the evening?  Both files are named "Snooker_ Players Championship Live 2016-03-27" but the evening recording gets a (1) appended.  Both recordings seem to have the correct files (jta, jtf, jti, jtr, jts, jtv and all the numbered jta and jts cnk files)

I've attached the error I get with the first file (The non (1) file)
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 04:36:51 pm »

Two programs, one with the same name which gets a number appended, wouldn't have anything to do with this.

I would look to memory and hard disk errors on your PC first, particularly if MC used to create and play JTV recordings correctly in the past.

Run Memtest86 or the less up to date Memtest86+ to test your memory, or use the memory test built into the Windows recovery disk (boot from Windows 7 DVD).

There are lots of disk test programs around, including the basic Windows Chkdsk. Check the SMART parameters on the disk if you can. I use "Hard Disk Sentinel" to monitor the health of my disks, so if problems start to occur I know before I lose data.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 08:26:54 am »

That "error message" doesn't give much info. It's a sort of generic message.

I just recently had it pop up on a BD rip I tried to play because I didn't have AnyDVD HD running (so the copy protection wasn't removed).
I have also had this message when my Audio wasn't setup correctly (for the movie/show I was trying to play).

So the TV recording may be fine, but something else in your setup could be causing it not to play. If you have other recordings that are the same (source, audio, format, etc.) and they play, then the issue is probably with that specific file - I'm just saying that the "error message" doesn't provide much information for troubleshooting.

It would be nice if the error message could be "a little more specific" regarding what the problem is.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 06:06:48 pm »

There may be more information in a log file if one was created for the issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up