INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Naming  (Read 2098 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
File Naming
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:42:09 pm »

Is it possible to modify how JR names the files for recorded shows? I am using .ts format and m2xml for listings. My recordings come out with the season being the year of the season and not 01, 02, 03, etc. 
I record in both SageTV and JR and watch via Plex.  Plex finds the Sage shows and properly places them in correct seasons, episodes, etc. It places JRiver shows int eh correct shows name, but the season part is 2016 and then the episode has no data.

Here are my examples. Top one is JRiver generated and next is SageTV.
American Idol - S2016E23 - Winner Chosen.ts
AmericanIdol-S15E24-3971692-0.mpg

The Middle - S2016E19 - Crushed.ts
TheMiddle-S07E19-3968193-0.mpg

Thanks,
Pete

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: File Naming
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 04:07:32 pm »

There are a bunch of posts on this problem. The data that comes from the EPG source (i.e. Rovi, etc.) for recorded TV is what determines the season and episode numbers used.
What EPG data source does SageTV use?

I switched over the paid "Schedules Direct" epg data source just so I could get good Season "numbers" and episode "numbers".  There is another program (lots of posts here on it) that takes the existing epg data and enhances it. It's called XMLTVDB. It does a pretty good job with Season Numbers. See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100319.msg695326#msg695326 or put "XMLTVDB" in the search box.

* corrected.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 05:00:48 pm »

Thanks for the help.  I am only using OTA so I will try that option first and see if it works rather than M2xml. Otherwise I will check the paid service as well.

Pete

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:16:17 pm »

Minor correction there CountryBumkin. The program that enhances XMLTV files is called XMLTVDB. Much easier to find in a search.

The link to the post is correct though.  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 09:19:59 am »

Just an update on this: I found and followed several links for this setup. CountryBumkin had a great write up on setting up EPG, using mc2xml, zap2xml and other sources, as well as xmltvdb. I used xmltvdb and it worked great - for a day or so! Then it would not update. I mucked around and tried several options to create the initial XML file (standalone mc2xml using SchedulesDirect, percdata,zap2it) and each would output but xmltvdb would not update. I think I must have modified the properties file and did the dreaded save as ansi. After getting frustrated with trying to find a good solution, I found other post stating that SD now uses json and the episode naming was good. I tried it and bang, it worked!

So I dropped it all and setup XMLTV using SchedulesDirectJSON and it seems to be updating correctly!  It has only been a day, so I don't want to jinx it either!  It is nice to just use the MC program to do all of this and output in the correct format versus having to run a batch job separately.

Just thought I would give my update.
Thanks for the advice RoderickGI and CountryBumkin!
Pete

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 11:49:51 am »

So I dropped it all and setup XMLTV using SchedulesDirectJSON and it seems to be updating correctly!  It has only been a day, so I don't want to jinx it either!  It is nice to just use the MC program to do all of this and output in the correct format versus having to run a batch job separately.

I use the Schedules Direct JSON too. I think its worth paying a few dollars for good data and ease of setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up