INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem creating view scheme in 9.1.233  (Read 1113 times)

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
problem creating view scheme in 9.1.233
« on: August 16, 2003, 05:36:25 pm »

So, I downloaded 9.1.233 to see how things have progressed, since it's been at least a month since I've tried one of the beta versions. So far, still not a fan of the panes.

Anyway, I'm trying to setup a view scheme that only shows live tracks by Prince. I've created a custom semicolon delimited list field where I can enter various info about tracks, such as if it's they are live recordings, club mixes, etc. I can't seem to figure out how to limit the view scheme to only show tracks by Prince and then limit it to show only tracks that are marked as live in the custom field. Any suggestions?

Rob

Omni

Re: problem creating view scheme in 9.1.233
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 05:46:47 pm »

When you edit the view, click on the down arrow under files, and then add your rules, doesn't that work?

You'd first do an Add Rule-->Artist...-->Prince.
Then you'd do an Add Rule-->Advanced-->[click on whatever your custom list name is]-->[select "live" or whatever you called it]

Does that work?

Omni

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 05:54:55 pm »

Rob,

I also use a custom list field (for sub-genres). It works well within panes. My columns are genre, sub-genre, artist, album.

In your case your first column might be artist and your second column your custom field.

Select Prince in 1 and <all> in 2 = all Prince titles
Select Prince in 1 and "Live" in 2 - all Prince live songs

Hope this helps

Marra

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 06:05:38 pm »

When you edit the view, click on the down arrow under files, and then add your rules, doesn't that work?

Ahh, thanks. I didn't see the option to add rules and keywords on the View Scheme Properties dialog. I was trying to do it from the Search field above the track listing.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up