INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to view all songs where the rating has recently changed?  (Read 2304 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

I am trying to create a smartlist where I can view all songs that have recently had ratings changed. Any way to do this?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

There is no time stamp for tag field modifications, so no I can't see how that would be possible. 

marko

• MC Beta Team

The only way I can think of, would be worth trying if your [Rating] values are being saved to file. To check, go to:
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields.
Scroll the fields to find Rating and select it. Now, over on the right, is "Save in file tags (when possible)" checked?

If it is, then the closest you're going to be able to get is by using the [Date Modified] field. If the rating was changed, [Date Modified] would be updated, but, of course, if anything else modified the same file, or a different file for a different reason, this would also cause this value to update.

That is as close as you're going to get though, so may be of some use to you perhaps...

jgreen

A very interesting request, IMO.  I see three meaningful queries here:  "Recent Upgrades", "Recent Downgrades"  and "Newly Rated". 

blgentry

I'm unclear why this would be useful.  What could you do with this information?

If there is some compelling reason for this type of info maybe it could be emulated with another field that could be queried?

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up