INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted files reappear  (Read 5404 times)

dohbob

• Recent member
Deleted files reappear
« on: April 22, 2016, 02:45:33 pm »

Hi - I am new and converting from itunes (Win10 computer) .  My files showed up in media as one each for aif and wav files so I deleted (only media file selection) the duplicate files.  The next day they all reappeared.  Need help.  Thank you

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleted files reappear
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »

in the import options for the folder

make sure you check the box "ignore files previously removed from library"

dohbob

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 03:18:51 pm »

Thank you.  I tried to figure out how to do that but was unsuccessful.  Sorry, but how do i do that step by step?

Thanks again

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 03:45:13 pm »

Look in settings. There is a search window.

dohbob

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 05:08:53 pm »

Thanks for the help - But how do I get to settings - I looked under all of the headings and it's not there

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »

It's actually called Options.

You can get to it using Ctrl-O (O for "Options") or using the top menu>Tools>Options. When you get there, you will see a search box at the bottom of the dialogue, which makes it easy to find settings. Although in this case, as the actual setting is buried in a sub-dialogue, the term "ignore files previously removed from library" isn't found. So you need to know it is part of Auto-Import. That is explained in the Wiki articles. Search around and read some of them, particularly the "Getting Started" article, and the articles linked to in that article.

The actual setting that you want under Options is at Options>Library & Folders>Auto-Import>... Configure auto-import, then see in the check boxes down the bottom of that dialogue, "ignore files previously removed from library".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 06:00:55 pm »

Thanks RGI, I was posting from my phone

dohbob

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 08:06:56 am »

I found it!  Thank you.  But it was already checked. 

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 08:12:55 am »

Find a few of the duplicate files.  Look at the headers.  Add filename to the headers so that you can see the path to each file.  This should give you an idea of where the duplicate files are.  Do you only have 2 copies of each file?  Or do you have backup drives, archives, or something else that MC may have imported ?

Post a screen shot here and we can try to help you.

Brian.

dohbob

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 10:12:17 am »

Sorry, but I don't understand much of that.  The duplicate files (wav and aif) are on the same d drive.  I tried deleting the duplicate files again (using the MC only option) and they reappeared again.  I suppose I'll have to delete the duplicate files entirely?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 08:07:04 pm »

I suppose I'll have to delete the duplicate files entirely?

You shouldn't have to do that, with the setting above. Something else is going on.

Try creating a smartlist that shows just the previously removed audio files. See the detailed Smartlist instructions if you need to. The attached image shows what the settings would look like.

Do all the files you deleted show up in the Smartlist?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dohbob

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 09:13:55 am »

Thanks for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up