INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound quality  (Read 1718 times)

yc

• Recent member
sound quality
« on: May 01, 2016, 01:57:13 pm »

This could be little subjective, The sound seems to degrade as the JRiver is playing and is noticeable after a few hours of playing.
Quiting and restarting the JRiver program alone restores back the sound quality. Has anyone notice this, or is it just me. and is there anything i can do to maintain consistency. I'm using JMC20 on Win10. Appreciate any help on this...

biggin165

• Recent member
Re: sound quality
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:21:04 pm »

When you say playing exactly how are you playing??  The reason for asking is to eliminate potential device issue vs software configuration issue.  I have not experience any degradation in sound ever using JRiver unless I had the software configured incorrectly.  Different device types may require slight configuration changes to play correctly.

I had a streaming issue where if I direct streamed (Local Library) from Jrivers to the device (Preamp) it would play the first song OK then all other song would be garbled but if I stop the song and restarted it the sound quality was good.  The fix for me was to right click on the device/product and select DLNA Controller options then change the sub menu to enable Nextset support. 

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: sound quality
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:28:55 pm »

Personally, I've never ever noticed any sign of sound degradation as a function of time.

Check here for clues:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audiophile_Info

The other point that comes to mind is that MC is so configurable, what customisation have you applied to your set up?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up