INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuffle a playlist and give weight to songs that haven't been played in a while?  (Read 2542 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

Is it possible for me to do kind of a "smart" shuffle of my playlist so it gives a higher "weight" to songs that haven't been played in a while.

For many years I never listened to my own music in a random playlist - but I created one from my favorite artist and have been listening to that a ton in the last couple of months.  I know that there are songs that have never been played using my shuffled playlist and there is are at least a couple that have been played numerous times (there are probably more but there are two that I almost always skip when they come up).

Now, without getting into "how random is random" as far as shuffle algorithms go, is there any way to accomplish something like this?  I hate to take those specific songs completely out of rotation or mess with the playlist...

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I haven't tried it, but using the ~mix modifier and making the percentage based on number of plays could work.  Something like:  choose 100 songs from this artist.  50% with no plays.  25% with 1 to 5 plays.  25% with more than 5 plays.

See some examples of this stuff here:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists#Using_the_Search_Language

Brian.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

Is it possible for me to do kind of a "smart" shuffle of my playlist so it gives a higher "weight" to songs that haven't been played in a while.

All you need to do is add <Last Played> in the columns area (these can be removed or added and dragged around to suit your preferences. just right click on the columns area of a playlist and find Last played and choose it) then just left click Last Played (more clicks will change the view of date last played to never played) if your having problems make sure the playlist is not "Locked"
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

apostos

• World Citizen

glynor devised this smartlist…

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96718.0

It may meet your needs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up