INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move, Copy - help with new workflow  (Read 1061 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Rename, Move, Copy - help with new workflow
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »

Hi

I recently upgraded MC and discovered that I no longer can use the Rename, Move and Copy feature if I'm connected to a server. I have read some threads here and know the background to why it was removed. But as this was one of the features I really liked about MC I would be very happy if some could assist me in finding a new similar way to work with. This is how I work.

* I have a server with MC and where all mediafiles resides.
* On my stationary PC I collect all mediafiles, fix tags etc. and then move to the server.

The thing I really liked about MC was that if I tagged a file proper it would handle the filename and send it to the right place. A file like this "M. Jacksson - Beat it.mp3" would change in to "Michael Jackson - Beat it.mp3" and end up in a folder like "Music\M\Michael Jackson\Thriller".

I understand that I might do this differently. However using MC on the server thru TeamViewer is unfortunately not an option. Is there a way that I could tag the files on my PC and then "drop" them on a some sort of watch folder so MC on the server takes care of them. I read on some other threads about this but I need some guidance.

Many thanks for any help
Hans
Pages: [1]   Go Up