INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio out of sync for first few minutes then catches up  (Read 2909 times)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Audio out of sync for first few minutes then catches up
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:20 am »

Recently when watching blurays in MC I noticed the audio is far out of sync for the first few minutes of the movie. It catches up but I don't understand why it's doing this and it only started recently. My audio is set to delay about 200ms which works well except at the start of the show. Nothing else is running in the background, and it's my gaming PC, so 4790K CPU/980 Ti GPU. No shortage of resources. I'm running madvr, but vastly under the potential of the hardware. In short, I really don't think it is a hardware issue. Could the buffers be set wrong? I haven't changed them recently.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio out of sync for first few minutes then catches up
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:04:10 am »

Do you have "VideoClock" running?  Are you streaming the BD or playing from local drive?

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:40:13 am »

Do you have "VideoClock" running?  Are you streaming the BD or playing from local drive?
Yes, I'm running VideoClock and I watch my BDs from an optical drive.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 10:19:25 am »

Have you changed the "maximum pre-rendered frames" in the NVIDIA Control Panel? It must be set to "Use the 3D application setting" for ROHQ video playback to work correctly.

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:29:28 pm »

Have you changed the "maximum pre-rendered frames" in the NVIDIA Control Panel? It must be set to "Use the 3D application setting" for ROHQ video playback to work correctly.
I just checked that, it is set to "Use the 3D application setting."

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »

FWIW, I have the exact same issue lately with Blu Ray's with a Nvidia 960 and an i7 2600K.  They start out with visibly poor lipsync and then slide into sync after a ten  minutes or so.  All my video is in .mkvs, but only the ones with Blu Ray sources exhibit this issue.  Video clock is on, and the NVidia frame setting is "Use 3d Application Setting."

The weirdest thing is that the audio is leading the video for me, which couldn't be explained by buffers and/or other latency inducing issues.

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 09:06:58 am »

FWIW, I have the exact same issue lately with Blu Ray's with a Nvidia 960 and an i7 2600K.  They start out with visibly poor lipsync and then slide into sync after a ten  minutes or so.  All my video is in .mkvs, but only the ones with Blu Ray sources exhibit this issue.  Video clock is on, and the NVidia frame setting is "Use 3d Application Setting."

The weirdest thing is that the audio is leading the video for me, which couldn't be explained by buffers and/or other latency inducing issues.

Nice to know I'm not crazy. I'll keep working on it, but please let me know if you find a fix or root cause.
Pages: [1]   Go Up