INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convolution Engine broken  (Read 3219 times)

Kukulcan

• Recent member
Convolution Engine broken
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:30:55 pm »

my convolution engine is broken. Internal volume also doesn't attenuate. If I disable the conv. eng. everything works as it should. The filters created by Audiolense have always worked good on this machine, and still works regularly on another machine.

Now, I do not care of understanding what happened, I just want to perform a clean install. Which should help...

I already tried it but incredibly the conv. engine still makes the music totally strange and completely unnatural. Internal volume also doesn't work properly and is close to 0 dbfs.
So the only explanation is that I can't perform a very clean install, even though I set to delete everything (library, settings) in the uninstallation window.

As expected library and settings went away after this fresh install. As not expected the conv. engine is still not working.  Again, the filters generated by Audiolense are not broken. I even recreated them with the same settings just to be sure about it.

how is it possible this anomaly?(that almost damaged my speakers) what I should do to have my MC working properly?

Thanks

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Convolution Engine broken!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 03:42:39 pm »

There's a known bug with convolution in the latest public build that should be corrected in the next build or two.  Downgrade to version 21.0.74 or below until the new version lands.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 03:49:53 pm »

Hi CountryBumkin,

no, but I actually had an "accident", the usb drive where the music is stored disconnected accidentally while playing music. 

I had also another problem: at the end of a song JRiver crashed and while reopening, I got that message (from JRiver) suggesting to backup the library, uninstall reinstall and restore the library. Well just after that I performed those steps, the convolution engine got crazy.... It convolves wrongly, because you can recognise the song but completely "transformed", and the internal volume... I got a "wonderul" full volume attack! Luckily I was very close to the power amps' switches.....

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »

Downgrade to version 21.0.74 or below until the new version lands.

Oh many thanks!!!! Good to know that I don't have weird issue. Please where can I download a previous build? I don't have previous installer...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Convolution Engine broken
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »

I edited your post to remove some strong language.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:32:42 pm »

Oh yes, better, I should have done myself.... It happened that the "strong" 0 dbfs level to my speakers gave me inspiration in that moment for something..... strong.

In "help/update channels/download folder" I have nothing, since I tried to make a clean install removing everything. Please how can I get a previous release with a working convolution engine?  Without it I can't use JRiver because I run digital crossovers with the conv. eng.

Many thanks in advance!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 06:53:09 pm »

Previous releases are in threads on this board. 

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 07:52:09 pm »

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 04:24:48 am »

Thank you very much Ferday!!! It solved the issue. And thanks for the links... I couldn't find it.

I will block automatic updates...

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up