INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd scroll bar behaviour in add rule dialog  (Read 2063 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Odd scroll bar behaviour in add rule dialog
« on: August 14, 2003, 01:07:26 pm »

Can anyone else confirm this?  In the add rule dialog for searches/smartlists I get drawing errors with the scroll bars.  The bottom scroll bar appears unecessarily and moves with the items in the dialog.  So I end up with about 4 or 5 scroll bars covering the items in the dialog.  This happens when scrolling with the mouse wheel but is worse when actually alicking on the bottom scroll error as horizontal scroll bars cover every line of text then.  I have a video which shows what happens.  It is here http://nocodeuk.iwarp.com You need to click on the link to MC Error

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Omni

Re: Odd scroll bar behaviour in add rule dialo
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 01:19:53 pm »

I have a video which shows what happens.  It is here http://nocodeuk.iwarp.com You need to click on the link to MC Error

Maybe it's just my browser (Mozilla RC 1.4), but there is no link to an "MC Error."

All I see is black banner at the top with "Guitar Central" in red, and the rest of the page is blank (and white).

Omni

NoCodeUK

Re: Odd scroll bar behaviour in add rule dialog
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 01:23:24 pm »

Bugger...I foprgot that.  The page doesn't work in Mozilla.  Its quite old.  I made it before Mozilla and it has proprietry IE code from the bad old days :)

You can link directly to the video if you navigate to nocodeuk.iwarp.com/mcerror.avi but you have to type this in the address bar rather than clicking the link

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Omni

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 01:27:37 pm »

Okay, I'm not really sure what you are talking about (hence why I wanted to see your video assuming it's not too big for this dial-up user), but tell me if this is the same dialog box you are referring to:

I added a new view scheme entiltled "NoCodeUK Test."  I then edited it, and under the "Files" group, clicked on the little down arrow to add a rule (specifically, "Artist").  A dialog box popped up listing all my Arists.

If that's the same (or similar) dialog box you are talking about, then no, I see no display corruption of any kind whether I use my mousewheel or manually scroll.

Omni

Omni

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 01:35:23 pm »

Bugger...I foprgot that.  The page doesn't work in Mozilla.  Its quite old.  I made it before Mozilla and it has proprietry IE code from the bad old days :)

I guess the powers that be just don't want me to view this video.  :(

I tried linking to it via IE6, and after a lot of churning, I eventually got redirected to a Windows Media 9 Series error page stating, "Cannot play the specified file."  It was complaining about the path to the file not being valid.

UPDATE:  Okay, when I actually click on your link above from IE6, then on your MC Error link, I finally get an error message about not having the right codec to view the file.

Omni

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 01:42:08 pm »

Okay, I'm not really sure what you are talking about (hence why I wanted to see your video assuming it's not too big for this dial-up user), but tell me if this is the same dialog box you are referring to:

I added a new view scheme entiltled "NoCodeUK Test."  I then edited it, and under the "Files" group, clicked on the little down arrow to add a rule (specifically, "Artist").  A dialog box popped up listing all my Arists.

If that's the same (or similar) dialog box you are talking about, then no, I see no display corruption of any kind whether I use my mousewheel or manually scroll.

Omni

That's what I tested too and I see no corruption.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 01:51:58 pm »

Cheers for trying.  It wasn't that dialog I was referring to initially but I just tried it and it is the same.  I realised why the video doesn't work for most people but does for me.  Because I recorded it using Camtasia it is in their format but wrapped as an avi file.  I will try and convert it to standard avo and see what happens.

Still can't work out why I get this corruption though and nobody else seems to...

Sys Info:

Media Center Registered 9.1.233 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1539 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 82 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Omni

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 01:57:18 pm »

Just reading your and JLee's messages in the bug thread, I'll add this system info:

Windows XP
PixOS skin (though you said it didn't matter what skin)
Radeon 9700 Pro
   Catalyst 3.5 (I haven't installed 3.6 yet)
MS IntelliMouse Explorer
   XP's built-in drivers (not stand-alone IntelliPoint drivers)

Omni

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 02:02:20 pm »

Still can't work out why I get this corruption though and nobody else seems to...

Don't worry - someone will.  Come on guys if you are reading this thread GET IT TESTED.

Media Center Registered 9.1.232 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1803 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1572 MB, Free - 1147 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 02:05:47 pm »

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Hell! What you got there - a factory!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 02:10:49 pm »

LOL

There are actually only 2 physical drives.  F is a DVD RW and G: is a CDRW.  The other four are virtual drives created by Daemon tools which can read images without having to burn them...thanks for trying to help sort this btw.  I'm sure we'll nail this bugger in the end.  I have had it all the way through 9.1 testing...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 02:31:26 pm »

Okay guys I updated the link so it no points to a flash file rather than the avi.  You shoud be able to see it now...

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 02:39:21 pm »

I can see the video.  I've never seen that happen on my PC at home or at work. My home PC has a Saphire Radeon 9500 Pro graphics card and my work PC uses the NForce2 video chipset and both work fine.

I seem to remember you having a Radeon card of some description. In case you have I'm using the 3.5 Catalysts at 32-bit with no problem. I also use Cleartype.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2003, 02:43:14 pm »

LOL You have a good memory Phil!!  Yeah I have a Radeon 7000...getting a bit long in the tooth but still more than adequate for my needs.  Using latest catalysts altho the upgrade made no difference :(

This is only in the dialog for adding rules, all other scroll bars are fine...

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up