INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Freezes on Surface Pro4  (Read 1701 times)

johnigel

MC21 Freezes on Surface Pro4
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:02:20 pm »

I am a new user of JRiver Media Center and have enjoyed using it for the past few weeks.  However after downloading HDTracks Sampler and playing tracks for about 45 minutes, MC21 froze and forced me to reboot several times just to be able to launch MC21 again.  It continues to not play tracks/freeze the application after many attempts to restart.  It even crashed Windows 10 in one instance.
Can someone suggest how to configure the settings/options to alleviate this issue?
I am using a Surface Pro4 with i5 chip, 8MB memory, 256 GB drive and no anti-virus SW installed.
I am exporting via USB to Wyred 4 Sound DAC through the W4S Recovery.
I have also attached some log files that I captured.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: MC21 Freezes on Surface Pro4
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »

I looked through your logs, but both seem to show a clean shutdown of JRiver?  Are you sure you were logging during a crash?

FWIW, I'm also running JRiver on an SP4, but have not had any stability issues with two or three different dacs (fiio e17, odac, and Asus U7).  Are you running the latest windows updates/firmware updates?  Have you tried (as a test) using JRiver without the "Recovery" device? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 01:54:39 pm »

Try letting it run.  It's possible that auto-import has a problem with one of your files.

johnigel

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 02:23:20 pm »

Thanks gents, it seems to be intermittent and is working at the moment.  I will try and let it run next time it hangs up trying to load a file.  I'll also post the pop-up message I get when MC21 fails to start on re-boot.  Meanwhile I'm really enjoying HDTracks!  Must get more!
Pages: [1]   Go Up