INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Changes  (Read 3306 times)

moehop

Library Changes
« on: April 30, 2016, 04:19:51 pm »

When i change to a different library in standard view is there a way to have JRiver go directly to the album covers instead of the start screen with the website

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Changes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:10:35 am »

There are several ways.  Take a look at Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location

That will allow you to tell it where to start.  If that's not detailed enough, you can set up some saved view sets and load them yourself when you start MC.  View > Load/Save View  .  This later option will allow you to save complex setups with tabs, split views, etc, all with their own locations.

Brian.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:43:58 am »

There are several ways.  Take a look at Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location

I have tried this - like a million times - and every single time I switch from my main FLAC library - to my Mobile (MP3) library - MC always starts up with the JRiver  Web page that displays marketing info etc.

I cannot for the life of me - ever get MC to start up in Recent Albums - where I want it to - no matter what I do.

The same occurs when I switch back from Mobile to Main - always hit that JRiver web page and then I have to kludge my way to where I want to be. (:

I do get some library love if I stay within the same library - when in Main, shut down MC and come back into Main - and I land where I want to.

VP

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:54:14 am »

^ Yeah VP, you appear to be correct.  The startup options only seem to apply to a library that you already had loaded.  So they work when you stop and the restart MC.

I don't change libraries much. There's almost no need to do so with MC unless you have vastly different collections of some sort that you are trying to manage in totally separate ways.

For the OP, unless you have a very well thought out reason for doing so, you might not be doing yourself any favors using more than one library.

The Load/Save views technique still works of course, and it brings back tabs, splits, etc, but it obviously requires you to select that from the menu structure so...

Brian.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:03 am »

I don't change libraries much. There's almost no need to do so with MC unless you have vastly different collections of some sort that you are trying to manage in totally separate ways.

Yes - I use the Mobile library strictly for iPod sync as I need a very specific set of tracks to go just on that device.

VP

moehop

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:25 am »

I have all my music grouped by style, jazz, soul, blues, etc. Different libraries for each. When I add new music I like the recent for that particular library to be at the top in theater view(recent). I guess i could make one big library and separate it by genre but that would mean no way to separate libraries and do what i am attempting

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 12:47:52 pm »

I have all my music grouped by style, jazz, soul, blues, etc. Different libraries for each. When I add new music I like the recent for that particular library to be at the top in theater view(recent). I guess i could make one big library and separate it by genre but that would mean no way to separate libraries and do what i am attempting

What exactly are you attempting?

You do not need separate libraries as couple of tuned up Views would be all you would need to see things however you would like.

One big library is where this app shines.

VP

moehop

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 03:43:00 pm »

I am attempting to see the most recent addition for each library at the top for each genre
Pages: [1]   Go Up