INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just purchased license... a few questions re: Convolution  (Read 2260 times)

TetraMan

• Recent member
Just purchased license... a few questions re: Convolution
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:12:24 am »

Just purchased license yesterday and really dove into Media Center.

I am using MC primarily for Convolution (config created by AudioLense) to output to a new (adjusted) wave file.  I have a few questions/challenges.

1.  If I understand correctly, I must first attend to all configuration settings.  Then "play" the tracks to be converted.  QUESTION: Why are all of my output/adjusted tracks (where all track titles are properly recognized by MC) named only as "Disk Writer - {timestamp}.wav" when written to disk?  Obviously, this is of little value.  How do I maintain proper track names when using Disk Writer (or is the wrong setting to use)?

2.  Most DRC software causes attenuation of the output during application (convolution) of correction filters.  How do I cause my final convolved wave file to have proper amplitude (ie: 0db or perhaps -1db peaks)?  It seems I can adjust the amplitude via MC DSP settings, but only BEFORE the Convolution step.  I need to adjust after convolution.   Furthermore, ideally, it would be desirable to identify the loudest point among all of the original tracks and then keep proper balance between the tracks after convolution.

3.  Why is MC so darned slow to display contents of disk?  I have  a speedy machine, with SSD.  It takes 5-10 seconds to display drive contents, where Windows File Explorer (and any other similar software) performs the task instantaneously.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Just purchased license... a few questions re: Convolution
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:27:09 am »

I don't know about 1 or 2, but for question 3 I'll bet that MC is running the background "audio analysis" on your new setup while your trying to use it. If that is the case, you can turn it (background processing) off - or wait until its done, at which time things will speed up considerably.

If you are in Standard View and go to "Services & Plug-ins>Reporter" does it show anything under "processing" or background tools running"?

TetraMan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 08:49:48 am »

At to #3, all looks quiet to me (see attached).

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 08:56:56 am »

According to your screen shot - you have not added (imported) any files to the MC library yet. So you are not viewing the MC database.

How are you trying to look at the contents of the disk (with "Drives & Devices >Explorer" or something else)?

TetraMan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:48 am »

Yes >> "Drives & Devices >Explorer"

As MC will be used primarily (exclusively) for offline Convolution, where the resulting music files will be played on a physically/electrically separate sound system, there is little value in creating any type of Library.

guido310

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 08:25:55 am »

Just purchased license yesterday and really dove into Media Center.

I am using MC primarily for Convolution (config created by AudioLense) to output to a new (adjusted) wave file.  I have a few questions/challenges.

1.  If I understand correctly, I must first attend to all configuration settings.  Then "play" the tracks to be converted.  QUESTION: Why are all of my output/adjusted tracks (where all track titles are properly recognized by MC) named only as "Disk Writer - {timestamp}.wav" when written to disk?  Obviously, this is of little value.  How do I maintain proper track names when using Disk Writer (or is the wrong setting to use)?

2.  Most DRC software causes attenuation of the output during application (convolution) of correction filters.  How do I cause my final convolved wave file to have proper amplitude (ie: 0db or perhaps -1db peaks)?  It seems I can adjust the amplitude via MC DSP settings, but only BEFORE the Convolution step.  I need to adjust after convolution.   Furthermore, ideally, it would be desirable to identify the loudest point among all of the original tracks and then keep proper balance between the tracks after convolution.

3.  Why is MC so darned slow to display contents of disk?  I have  a speedy machine, with SSD.  It takes 5-10 seconds to display drive contents, where Windows File Explorer (and any other similar software) performs the task instantaneously.

These are exactely question i would have an answer to.... ;D

How to create Offline convoluted files to play in jriver and how to retain amplitude??? (convert)...i am using Audiolense too and i nedd to add 11 dB gain before convolution to have a good output and not to raise volume too much on preamplifier (analog)

Volume gain is better to be raised beofore or after convolution??

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up