INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music and Game Audio to Separate Audio Outs (Front/Rear) Simultaneously?  (Read 1847 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my new computer to be able to play music out of the front (or rear?) speaker jacks (through RCA wires to the aging but decent house stereo in the next room), while playing either the same music or occasionally completely separate game audio out the rear (or front?) speaker jacks (via my pair of Audio Engine 2+ speakers).

Can I do this between JRiver or other downloadable software?

At the moment I can't even get JRiver to play music from both pairs of speakers (front and rear) simultaneously yet.

I have no dedicated sound card (do I need one? My last computer had one). I have a ROG Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard and Windows 7. I have Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Thanks in advance!
BigCat

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

It looks like that motherboard has 4 sets of stereo audio outs on 3.5mm jacks.  If so, you should be able to address those with MC in any configuration you want.

The normal way of doing this is to define new Zones inside MC for each area you want to send audio to.  Then, you go into each zone, and apply DSP settings, which route audio from the Left and Right to the corresponding output.  This is normally done with the Parametric EQ > Mix channels function .  For example, Swap channels from Left to Surround Left.  This should make the Left channel appear on the Surround Left output of your integrated sound card.

There are threads about this on the forum if you want more details.  Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up