INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie description from totally different movie  (Read 2794 times)

gworrel

• Recent member
Movie description from totally different movie
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:43:46 pm »

In looking at some of the movies I have in JRiver, I discovered a few where the movie description is for a totally different movie. For example, the movie X-Men from the year 2000 has the description for the 100 Foot Journey. Other tags are still correct, such as the year. When I reload movie and TV info, the description does not update. I've only checked a few movies. Only some are corrupted in this way. When I look up 100-Foot Journey, the description is correct, so they are not merely swapped. How do I get the correct description to load and overwrite the wrong one? Any idea how this would happen?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie description from totally different movie
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:52:04 pm »

When you get this sort of problem, it is often a problem with the source web site data, in this case, for movies, www.themoviedb.org, which is maintained by users, so can have errors and problems. It is a good idea to check the web site directly when something doesn't seem to be working.

That site does have a record for the X-men (2000) movie, but it doesn't show up in the drop down list when you just type "X-men" into the search box, so I suspect there is a problem there. I had to search for "X-men", press enter, and see the full list to see the correct record.

But first, check that the [Media Sub Type] flag for the movie is set to "Movie", so the lookup will work correctly.

Then run the "Get Movie & TV Info..." tool again on the movie, and if necessary change the search criteria to just "X-men" not "X-men (2000)" if that is what you have. You should see the correct result, second down in the list. If you select that, and have the "Use image" and "Use information" check boxes ticked, then click OK and the description doesn't update, come back and tell us.

Note that TheMovieDB has a different image to the one I have for that movie, and may not be the one you want. If so, uncheck the "Use image" check box and just leave the "Use information" check box ticked.

I don't know where bad data came from, but if it was already there when you sourced the movie, and MC selected the "X-Men Production Scrapbook (2000)" as the closest match, which it seems to be doing for me, then the bad data would not be overwritten as the "X-Men Production Scrapbook (2000)" record has no description to save. In that case, MC keeps the existing description. Same with any other tags that already have values in them, for which "X-Men Production Scrapbook (2000)" has no values.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up