INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art in Theater view but not Standard view for BluRay movie  (Read 2893 times)

lowtechlives

• Recent member

I am using v21.0.83 and for the first time in over 350 movies (both DVD and BluRay) the cover art does not appear in Standard view but it does in Theater view after auto import.  MKV is used to rip the movie, placing each mkv file in its own folder.  After import, a sidecar and jpg file will be in the folder with the mkv file.  It was no different for this movie (Hail, Caesar).  I have tried removing the movie from the Library, deleting the sidecar and jpg files and manually importing it.  The results were the same, Theater view but not Standard view, except no sidecar file was created.  Any help with this would be much appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art in Theater view but not Standard view for BluRay movie
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:56:25 pm »

That probably would have been a thumbnail problem. You probably could have just rebuilt the thumbnail for the movie and all would have been fine. Or you could have run the "Remove Cover Art" function and then run the "Get Movie & TV Info..." tool for the movie.

However, now you have deleted the movie, and MC remembers that you did that. You should delete the movie from the library again, then build a view to look at the deleted files database, and remove the movie from there. Make sure when you remove the record from the deleted files database that it stays deleted. Check after delete. A search of the forums will help you with instructions for that.

Once the above is done, re-import the movie. If you have "Get Movie & TV Info..." selected in your Auto-Import parameters then you should get the movie Cover Art. If you manually import the folder, or run Auto-Import manually, you may need to also run "Get Movie & TV Info...".

See how you go with that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lowtechlives

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 05:21:24 pm »

Thank you for your reply.

As you suggested, I created a view and removed the movie from the deleted files database (after first turning off auto-import).  The jpg file was also deleted from the movie's folder, so that only the mkv file remained.  I then manually ran auto-import, which also retrieved the cover art.  As before, the cover art does not appear in Standard view, but it does in Theater view, and both jpg and sidecar files are in the movie's folder.  I then followed your two actions about rebuilding the thumbnail and "Remove Cover Art" function/"Get Movie & TV info."  Neither of these made a difference for displaying the cover art in Standard view.  I have repeatedly checked the deleted files view and the file does not appear there.  As a double check, I also created a Deleted Items Smartlist - no movie file in there either.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 10:59:00 pm »

Could you post an image of the view you are expecting to see the Cover Art in Standard View please.

Then I can be sure we are both looking at the same thing.

Also;
I created a record for the movie "Hail, Caesar" (2016) in my library and then ran "Get Movie & TV Info...". It worked fine. Shows the Cover Art in all Standard Views.
I assume you are running MC on one PC, and not using a Client/Server setup?
You should upgrade to MC21.0.90, as that will probably be the last, and is no doubt the most stable. Unless, of course, there is some functionality reason you can't use .90.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lowtechlives

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 02:16:17 pm »

I am not certain of exactly what you are asking for, so I hope the attached is it.  The cover art retrieved upon importing the movie came from TMDb.  In Video/Files from the left tree, I changed the source to Rotten Tomatoes, which is an inferior image, but the cover art now appears in Video/Movies (Standard view).  As an experiment, in Video/Movies (Standard view), I changed the cover art source back to TMDb and it disappeared from the view - soooo, back to Rotten Tomatoes.  Also, I did update to MC21.0.90. Thanks, again, for your help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 04:56:11 pm »

Your image and post shows what I wanted to confirm; that you are using the default Video/Movies view with a list style of Thumbnails. Sometimes people are using custom views and don't mention it.

I understand from what you have just said that not only does the thumbnail for "Hail, Caesar" not show in the Video/Movies view, leaving just the movie with the default thumbnail, but the movie itself disappears from the view. Usually if Cover Art just isn't available then MC will show the movie with the default thumbnail, like the first screenshot I have attached to this post. Then after a short time MC will grab a video frame and use that as the Cover Art, like the second screenshot I have attached. Of course it should look like the third screenshot I have attached.

The observation that the movie completely disappears from the Video/Movies view leads me to believe that the [Media Sub Type] must be getting changed when you run the "Get Movie & TV Info..." process and select TMDb, but not when you select Rotten Tomatoes. Which would be quite strange, because that isn't happening on my system. Very strange as you say the movie shows up in Theatre View with its Cover Art.

Anyway, check the [Media Type] and [Media Sub Type] tags are "Video" and "Movie" respectively, via the Video/Files view, and change them if not, then see if the movie re-appears in the Video/Movies view.

lowtechlives

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 10:26:08 am »

I have seen the screenshots you attached before and just run "Get Movie & TV Info..." to get the cover art.

The problem, and the different behavior between IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes cover art, was due to the different Genre information from each and the file display rules for the Video/Movies view.  Genre information from IMDb included "Music" whereas it did not from Rotten Tomatoes.  The file display rules had an exclusion for Genre of "Music," consequently IMDb cover art was not shown and Rotten Tomatoes was in the Video/Movies view.  I do not remember adding that exclusion, but perhaps I did, as I do have several music videos which I would not want displayed in this view.  Obviously Theater view does not have such an exclusion.

I hope that I have not wasted your time with this and apologize if so.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 06:35:05 pm »

No problem LowTechLives.

Every thread is here to help the poster, and for others to search and learn.

You must have added that exclusion as it definitely isn't there in the default view installed with MC. I did assume you were using a default view, but would have started asking about that next.

Carry on.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up