INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing my way a bit. Get me back on track please.  (Read 974 times)

Marko

Losing my way a bit. Get me back on track please.
« on: August 13, 2003, 11:43:00 pm »

I set up a "Recently Imported" view scheme group. The parent has this search string "[Date Imported]=<=1440" to give me the last 24 hours without expanding the group, and it has children that give me the past week, and past 4 weeks. I have panes set for the tags I most commonly work with on new files, and use tagging mode to work away untill all the "unassigned" have cleared.
Now, anywhere else in the library, entering tagging mode fills the panes with all tags currently existing in the library (this is good), but when using the above view scheme, tagging mode only displays tags available in the resulting file list. I want to call "bug", but as this is a custom VS, I thought I'd kick it off out here first.
Did I miss summat obvious?

Also....
If you make a selection of files from the list, is there any way to "deselect all" so that properties pane edits apply to all files in the list, other than scrolling all the way down to the bottom and clicking on the one pixel-width of blank space?

Marko

Re: Tagging Mode Bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 12:00:21 am »

Awww, what's going on here.....
Using the above view scheme again.....
pane 1 = location (root)
pane 2 = filetype
pane 3 = artist

There are more panes, but I think this is far as we need to go for this. The past 24 hours contains....
.avi
.bmp
.jpg
.mp3

I've worked a bit, and want to listen a bit, so I click on mp3 in pane 2, then "Queen" in pane 3. All the Queen tracks are correctly listed. I doubleclick on the first file in the list, and it, and all other Queen tracks are added to playing now (replace). This is what I expect to happen.
What I didn't expect was that the .jpg and .bmp files that had been filtered out of the list via pane 2 started playing in the viz'n window.
That can't be right surely?

Here's another one that's beginning to get to me too....
If I arrive at a list of files by clicking through various panes, or a smartlist, or whatever, I often use the "<search here>" field to fine tune the list. Lately, this has been returning some really bizarre results.
? ? ?

So far, I've not been able to replicate this, but believe me, it happened......
I browsed to a directory using MC's internal explorer, I then selected several files I wanted to delete by leftclicking on the file list and dragging the cursor over my file selection, when i was happy, I hit the delete key and MC deleted the entire directory. Not just the files, the actual directory. Thankfully the files were not of major importance, but still. I've noticed other oddity's here while trying to replicate this event and I'm not sure if they're related.
When the above deletion happened, it went something like this....
go to an explorer location via the favourites menu, expand location, click on folder in the tree, when the list was populated, left click on file list, holding down the mouse button (this should move focus from tree to file list, right?) drag over selection, release mouse button, press delete key on keyboard. *poof* directory is gone.
Now, this left-click 'n' drag to select a bunch of files. How is that supposed to work? Sometimes it lets me do it, other times, it acts like I'm trying to drag and drop a file within the list and the cursor will change to an "action unavailable" icon (this is in the same list), so which is the bug; when it works, or when it doesn't?

I have my windows screensaver set on a 1 minute delay, password protected. I have a little proggy that sits in my system tray that lets me control the screensaver from a right click menu, which let's me disable the screensaver to stop it cutting in when I'm reading a lengthy passage. MC has started to mess with it, enabling a disabled screensaver on startup and exit. Why is that? and can it be stopped from doing so?

Media Center Registered 9.1.233 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1611 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Q: TDK      DVDRW0404N         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up