INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add other hardware device as new zone for link purposes?  (Read 2248 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Add other hardware device as new zone for link purposes?
« on: May 14, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »

Hello.  I have played around with linking a couple of zones from separate sound cards on my system that feed my multi-room receiver.

However I do not have any wiring from the receiver to my bedroom.

In the bedroom I have a couple of devices that I believe support DLNA in one form or another. 

I have an Android TV Box, Popcorn Hour A-400 and a Samsung BD Player.

What I would like to do is to add a zone to stream to one of these devices so that I can link it and add the bedroom to my current configuration(s) of Living Room (Main), Kitchen - Deck (Zone from second sound card on PC to Secondary Zone on receiver).

Is there a way for me to use one of the above mentioned devices to accomplish this?   I know I can stream from the A-400 and I have JRemote on the Android TV box so I can play music via that way.  But there does not seem to be a way to stream to JRemote and use it as an additional zone.

Thanks.

Carl.

blgentry

Re: Add other hardware device as new zone for link purposes?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:27:22 am »

Your BD player probably has a DLNA client built in to it.  If you turn that on, MC should sort of automatically "see" it as a zone.  It will probably have some sort of generic name (Samsung something-something), but you can rename it to make sense.  Then you can just push audio or video to it as a zone.

Note that zone linking with DLNA zones won't accurately maintain audio synchronization.

Brian.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:05:00 am »

Your BD player probably has a DLNA client built in to it.  If you turn that on, MC should sort of automatically "see" it as a zone.  It will probably have some sort of generic name (Samsung something-something), but you can rename it to make sense.  Then you can just push audio or video to it as a zone.

Note that zone linking with DLNA zones won't accurately maintain audio synchronization.

Brian.

Thanks.  I will give that a try later today or tomorrow.

I know about the syncing.  It is unfortunate that even after adjusting the timing it still goes out of sync after every other song or so.  and the Re-syncing after almost every song is a bit of a pain as well.  But better than nothing.  Only really noticeable when walking between zones.

Can you (Or someone) tell me what the "Enable Playback Rate Control" is supposed to do?  How to determine what it should be set to? etc...

Thanks.

Carl.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 11:14:00 am »

Can you (Or someone) tell me what the "Enable Playback Rate Control" is supposed to do?  How to determine what it should be set to? etc...

Playback rate control speeds up or slows down the audio.  The numeric adjustment is a percentage to play faster or slower.  I guess this would work if your renderer was consistently off by a certain percentage drift, either fast or slow.

I've totally given up on networked synced audio with MC.  If I want synced whole house audio with MC, it's got to be hard wired to a multi-channel sound card.  That's just how it is I think.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up