INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge WinTv-HDquad  (Read 3073 times)

robcdna

Hauppauge WinTv-HDquad
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:58:29 am »

Trying to get OTA TV with the Hauppauge WinTv-HDquad board in my HTPC (Intel i3, 3.2Ghz, 8GB, ITB, Windows10 Home). Installed board and downloaded latest drivers and everything work well with the included app from Hauppague. But when I tried to setup to run via MC22 it just freezes after "Scanning Channels" message appears and I have to reboot. I am using the setup process in the WIKI and have double checked that I am following it 100%, and left it for 5-10 minutes in case it is a very slow scanning process, but no channels appear in the Discovered Channels window. If anybody can advise me on what the problem maybe and any suggested fixes I will be very appreciative. Has anybody else had this setup running?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Hauppauge WinTv-HDquad
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 12:06:40 pm »

Try using the latest build:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107927.0.html

Did you select the device?

robcdna

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »

I followed the Wiki and selected my device. Then got a new screen with a message at top saying "Started scanning" and a window below which was supposed to be filled with stations found by the scan, but that was it - just froze, couldn't  cancel or close via X and I had to end MC via Task Manager. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 04:31:45 pm »

What build of MC are you using?  22.0.41?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 08:38:23 pm »

Please turn on logging (Help > Logging, check "Output to a log file"), and try again.  Once reproduced the problem, go to Help > Logging, and click "Report Problem" (if hang, kill it and restart, and immediately go to Help > Logging).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 03:04:41 am »

the same thing happens to me Hauppauge WinTv

sometimes it works (not often) but some times it freezes in the same spot.

sometimes after the scan it reports there is no tuner when I go to play a station.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

robcdna

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 08:48:51 am »

Thanks for efforts to help. I am on 22.0.32 version. Attached is the log file. It failed again exactly as before with frozen screen. While I am waiting for results of log file analysis I will uninstall MC and reinstall as it is a new HTPC and no libraries setup yet. Let you know if any different results.

Update: 12/08/16 -
Seems to now be working OK. Uninstalled MC22, rebooted HTPC, re-installed MC22 and now completed the scan with 85 channels discovered. Only difference is that I selected "Select all" under setup/file associations at initial setup. Many thanks to all for input on this problem.

As a budding cable-cutter I have also tried the new AT&T Directv Now streaming TV service (currently available for $35 Per month right now). Good # of channels, picture, stable but no DVR (yet, promised next year) multiple devices (HTPC via Google Chrome, Android tablets and phones  and Smart TVs - simultaniously on same account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up