INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.232 beta available  (Read 3146 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.232 beta available
« on: August 13, 2003, 09:05:50 am »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:  

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here:  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91232.exe      

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:
1. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars wouldn't always turn off when they should in icon lists.
2. Fixed: Action Window Playing Now wouldn't work as expected when the right view was also "Playing Now".
3. Changed: Send To > Play menu items no longer work differently inside of Playing Now than they do outside of Playing Now.
4. Fixed: Action Picker wouldn't be visible without files selected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.1.232 beta available
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 09:17:57 am »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.  This bug has been there forever!    

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.    

3) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them      
This is an old bug.    

3) I also liked selective text for tool bar buttons.

4)Ease of Use Suggestion: Pictures of buttons should be in menues to the lefte of the corresponding action.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 09:29:36 am »

i think it is kind of confusing having "Date" in the list and the way to access it is thru "year" that MC9.1 then converts to "Date (year)"

using "Date" renders Nothing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 09:42:32 am »

Changing a files 'Group' in options does not update the properties when we click on ok - have to go out the properties page and back in again to make it update.

David_1cog

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 09:53:13 am »

Window scroll has not worked in MC for several builds (sorry, didn't make note of which one) using Logitech mouse drivers (9.78 ) and 'Universal Scroll'.  For several builds it worked by clicking in window to gain focus and then scrolling.  For a couple of builds it worked perfectly.

MC is still causing taskbar to not come out of autohide.  This is an intermittent problem.

WinXP, nVidia driver 44.03, GeForce Ti4400.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 09:58:01 am »

Not sure when this showed up, but I just noticed that the toolbar icon and menu item for File Properties has been changed to Action Window. I'm not sure that removing all reference to File Properties like that is a good idea. It just seems like it might confuse new users who will have no idea what the Action Window is, let alone that that's where to go to find File Properties.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 10:01:17 am »

A curiosity:

"Playing now" icon in the tree is like "Playlists" icon in Action window. And viceversa.

Sauzee

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 11:03:15 am »

The volume control slider doesn't move when I try to move it with my mouse, although the actual volume level I hear does change.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 11:27:48 am »

I was just thinking that the black box that surrounds the Action Picker is kind of ugly. It really detracts from the graphical goodness of the rest of MC. Especially when using the PixOS skin, since it's such a light color.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 11:29:58 am »

Do you have a screenshot?  I don't think there is a black box.

nameless

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 11:51:06 am »

The maximize button is being used in place of the restore button, when the MC 9.1.232 window is maximized.  This occurs with all skins on my system, so it seems to be an issue within the application.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 11:52:32 am »

Bug: MC is not remembering position in PN when using the back button.
To duplicate: Select a track other than the currently playing track in PN. Switch to Media Library and select a track,then click on the back button. The selected track has changed to the currently playing one.
Note: Works the other way though.

Bug: Selecting & Moving a track in PN changes selected song.
To duplicate: Select a track in PN and drag to another location in PN.  The selected file changes to the currently playing file.

Bug: Cannot prefix the first item in the player status area with a minus sign.
To duplicate: Go to customize display (right click) & try setting Play Mode Status to "-[Remaining Time] / [Total Time]" (without the quotes).  The "-" (minus sign) does not display when you play a track. Now try setting it to "[Total Time] / -[Remaining Time]" (without the quotes). It now displays correctly.
Note: You can simulate the prefixed minus sign by inserting an em-dash (ALT + 0151) instead, but that seems like a way around a bug.

Bug: If playing video files with MC behind another open application, the foreground application loses focus when MC changes tracks.
To duplicate: Start MC and load a couple of video files (I have mpg's) into PN. Start MC playing then open another application eg Notepad. Type something in notepad and then wait till MC changes to next track.Notepad has now lost the focus and you cannot continue typing until you click on notepad to regain the focus. This is Very annoying if typing while the change of tracks takes place.
Note: Does not apply to track changes if using only audio (mp3) files but mp3's followed by video (mpg) files show the above symptom.

Bug: Selected track changes if moving tracks in PN in the new action window.
To duplicate:  Display PN in action window. Select a track & drag it to a new location. The selected track changes to the track that is playing, instead of remaining on the originally selected track.

Bug: Dragging tracks from media library to PN in action window changes PN display if no track was selected in PN.
To duplicate: Open PN in action window with enough tracks to have to scroll down. Start playing a track. Scroll down a bit until say track 40 is visible. Don't select it. Now drag a track from media library and drop it under track 40. The PN display jumps back up to the top with the track playing selected.
Note: If in above you select track 40 before dragging another track from media library, the PN doesn't scroll back up to the playing track, however the selection changes to the playing track.

gkerber

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 12:28:12 pm »

TOOLBAR PROPERTIES BUTTON  doesn't work

Try this - Have Playing Now open in the Action Window.

Then select a few tracks in the tracks area (not the Action Window playing now)

Then select the Properties button on the toolbar.

The action window mimimizes - no properties are displayed.

Select the Properties button on the toolbar again, the Action Window comes back, still in Playing Now.

The toolbar properties button does not bring up properties.  It only seems to toggle the Action Window on or off.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 12:42:47 pm »

Do you have a screenshot?  I don't think there is a black box.

Pages: [1]   Go Up