INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art takes a long long time  (Read 2816 times)

MarcD

Cover art takes a long long time
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:01:07 am »

Hello, I have a big audio collection. Not all files have an embedded cover art. So I try do embed the covers from time to time.
I could start several albums te be embedded and then wait for some time (which is OK), now I have to wait until each album is cover embedded before I can start a new one. Still 4000 to go ...
Perhaps there are quicker ways to embed the cover files? Every album has a folder.jpg in the album file.
Thanks for any help.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art takes a long long time
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:22:37 am »

Hello, I have a big audio collection. Not all files have an embedded cover art. So I try do embed the covers from time to time.
I could start several albums te be embedded and then wait for some time (which is OK), now I have to wait until each album is cover embedded before I can start a new one.

You don't need to wait at all.  MC will embed the cover art in the background.  You can continue to work saving new cover art while it works in the background.  You can also play songs at the same time.

Perhaps there are quicker ways to embed the cover files? Every album has a folder.jpg in the album file.
Thanks for any help.

I'd have to experiment with this, but I think you can just turn on "embed cover art" in options.  Then do "update tags (from library)" on all files and MC should grab the art from folder.jpg and embed it inside all files.

To be clear, do you see cover art for all of your albums in MC currently?  Or do you NOT see cover art for most of them?

Brian.

MarcD

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 05:13:48 am »

I was not notified that someone replied. Sorry.
I see the covers that are already done.
But the MC21 often stops ("program is not reacting") when I try to embed covers. I will try the suggestion you made in this post.
Thanks.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:26:57 am »

But the MC21 often stops ("program is not reacting") when I try to embed covers.

That sounds like something is wrong.  I wonder if your anti-virus software is hanging you up.  Here's an example of how to make your AV software ignore media files and MC's program files:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Taming_Windows_Defender

Good luck,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up