INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FAO John T - burning CDRW  (Read 1834 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
FAO John T - burning CDRW
« on: August 08, 2003, 02:13:57 pm »

Hi John,

I just got a new DVD player.  Up until now I have always used MC to burn my mp3 cds.  Data CD burned to a CDRW.  Nice and easy.  However I tried one of my MC burned CDs in the new player and it wouldn't register the disc properly.  This DVD player is a play it all kind of DVD.  It has a DVS loader and can theoretically play any disc you throw it.  But it owuldn't read the disc.  I tried reburning the disc using the same files in Nero.  Played this on the DVD player and it worked fine.  Odd I thought so I tried again burning using MC and no joy.  The DVD will not register the disc.

I am not sure what info I can really give you to help.  I know when I burn with Nero in its MP3 disc mode it can sense the speed to burn the disc at and wont burn higher speed than the disc allows.  However I set MC to burn at the same speed and it still wouldn't play.  I don't know if it is specificaly CDRWs that have the problem.  I don't want to create a coaster unless I have too...

I will post my sys info and if you need me to send you any more info I will. (Its the G Drive that I used.  The F Drive is a DVD burner)

Adam
Media Center Registered 9.1.228 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1539 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 121 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

Re: FAO John T - burning CDRW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 02:28:10 pm »

Hi John,

Out of interest I just compared the two CDs the one recorded with Nero and the one with MC.  The only difference I could see was that MC had added a playlist.m3u file to the root of the CD.  I used Nero to remove this as MC would not let me.  I tried it on the new DVD player and it worked fine.  I think it may be this playlist file which is causing the error however I did get a message in Nero saying the disc wasn't using Neros multi session protocol so don't know if it converted it and that was why it worked however the burn took only 10 seconds so I am guessing it didnt and it is the playlist file so in short...is there any way I can burn a disc without MC burning the playlist file??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 09:53:52 am »

Bumpo Bumpe Bumpitry Bumpity Bumpity Bump...

phelt

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 11:04:49 am »

It would be interesting to know if MC is piggybacking onto DirectCD or InCD, or using its own formula.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 12:48:54 pm »

I wonder if it's because Nero is closing the disk and MC doesn't do that. We always leave it open for another session but the DVD player may require it to be closed. Could you check in Nero and see if it has the "close disk" option checked?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 02:46:47 pm »

It could be something to do with closing as the DVD player manual (what i could understand from the german!!) did mention that the disc had to be closed.  Presumably when I removed the file nero closed the disc...
Can I do this in MC?

Adam

Stilton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 04:00:10 am »

Now I think of it, I may have the same problem with CDRWs.

I've been burning CDR's and playing them in CD players fine. Then I got some CDRWs and tried that, but it didn't work in any of the 3 CD players I've got. Which was suprising, because I'm sure they've played CDRWs in the past. I put it down to the make of CDRW, but perhaps this is a similar problem mentioned above.

Later tonight I'll try burning the same music with Nero or WMP to see if that makes any difference.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2003, 07:28:41 am »

The only other think I could think of is that MC doesn't seem to properly recognize the speed of my CDRW writing capability.  It says I can burn CDRW at 24x (my CDR write speed).  In fact CDRW write speed is only 10x (and Nero defaults to 4x)...

This is the same for my DVD burner I think.  It reports an incorrect speed.

Adam

nila

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 07:51:44 am »

NoCode - you realise that most burners drop it down to match the speed of the media right?

If they say 4 and ur burner does 10 it's usually because the media is only suitable for 4?

Just thought I'd mention it in case u didn't know! :)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 08:06:34 am »

Yeah.  I know that for DVD it does that.  I didn't realise it did for CDRW as well.  Even still though MC increases the speed to 24x ;D  Or at least that is what it displays...I wish my burner could rewrite at that speed :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up