INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume bar 100% shows on every Stop Play???  (Read 5922 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Volume bar 100% shows on every Stop Play???
« on: May 17, 2016, 03:12:37 am »

Every time I stop a movie the green volume bar at the bottom of the screen displays for a sec, how do I stop this please?

metac

• Recent member
Re: Volume bar 100% shows on every Stop Play???
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 07:16:55 am »

Same here. Since moving to 21.80 from 21.72

Intel HD5k iGPU (latest drivers) Win 10. Video chain is standard Red Oct HQ MadVR/VideoClock. Desktop 23hz so no refresh rate switching is occuring.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:44:02 am »

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

I stop a video and it just stops.

What are the keys to reproducing?  Just a certain volume mode, or stopping in a certain place?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:38:05 am »

System Volume 100% and only dsp setting is output format -> 5.1 channels. Watch a film (mkv) @ 23hz in theater view from a desktop also @ 23hz.

Its possibly video driver related. I'm using intel beta driver 15.40.18.4380 as it *fixes* some issues with chrome.

I can try reverting MC to 72 and see if the problem goes away if you want.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 03:02:06 am »

I've also been seeing it on the start of playback sometimes, meaning to look into it for a while..
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

murray

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 03:29:15 am »

I've also been seeing it on the start of playback sometimes, meaning to look into it for a while..

The problem is the volume that you set in JR, not what level you are currently using.
I have mine set to always play at 100%, this is what shows up on the screen every time I stop a film. There is nothing in the menu to turn this off!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 04:23:30 am »

How would it even show up when stopping? It should simply close the window then anyway.

I can't reproduce anything like that though, and apparently Matt couldn't either.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

murray

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 04:47:47 am »

How would it even show up when stopping? It should simply close the window then anyway.

I can't reproduce anything like that though, and apparently Matt couldn't either.

I have no idea, Im not making this up  ;)
I Wouldn't really come on here and make such a statement for nothing  :-X

metac also has the problem so Im not the only one.... ;D

murray

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 04:49:21 am »

I don't know how you are seeing it at the start of films, I don't have that problem....

murray

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:35 am »

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

I stop a video and it just stops.

What are the keys to reproducing?  Just a certain volume mode, or stopping in a certain place?

Thanks.

I have no idea what keys reproduce this, its just stop. I don't use a key board to operate, I use the JR codes. Its no certain volume mode, its the section where you set in the background what level you want your AVR to reach. I have it set to 100% but there is nothing in there to stop it displaying on the screen each stop playback. It doesn't matter where you stop a film it always flashes up on the bottom of the screen for a sec.... I and others who have this problem cant find a single way to turn off the vol bar from flashing up.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:34 am »

No one is saying your making this up -- just need to understand the circumstances to troubleshoot.

In Tools>Options>Audio>Volume" do you use "Internal Volume"? Do you have "Volume Protection" checked?
Do you use Red October-HQ or Red October-Standard?
Does the volume level popup happen if you stop (or pause) the movie using the mouse to hit the stop button, instead of remote control?

murray

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 04:35:20 pm »

No one is saying your making this up -- just need to understand the circumstances to troubleshoot.

In Tools>Options>Audio>Volume" do you use "Internal Volume"? Do you have "Volume Protection" checked?
Do you use Red October-HQ or Red October-Standard?
Does the volume level popup happen if you stop (or pause) the movie using the mouse to hit the stop button, instead of remote control?

I have system volume ticked, volume protection blank, max vol set at 100 and startup vol set at 100.
Do you think these settings are causing the issues?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 06:59:42 am »

I have system volume ticked, volume protection blank, max vol set at 100 and startup vol set at 100.
Do you think these settings are causing the issues?

Could you try changing setting until it stops happening, and then try changing them back again one at a time until you find the culprit?

I totally believe there's some option causing this, but I have no idea what it is!

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

murray

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 03:05:50 pm »

Could you try changing setting until it stops happening, and then try changing them back again one at a time until you find the culprit?

I totally believe there's some option causing this, but I have no idea what it is!

Thanks.

I changed VOL Mode to "Disabled Volume" and its now all fixed!
I really don't know why this was happening with that setting at "System Volume" and max and min at 100.
Very strange, Im either using it incorrectly or its a bug.

I didn't want any vol protection and thought I had set things up correctly, intuitively that's what most would think.....

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 04:23:25 pm »

If you set both min and max it might try to apply a volume change to match that, and trigger the OSD to let you know. If you just don't touch the volume protection at all it also doesn't do any thing at all, ie. it's by default off.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:01:30 am »

Disabled volume seems to work.

It was System Volume, Max 100, startup -1, Vol protection off.

I've never touched any of these settings, so not sure why the problem started happening. I was getting the OSD popup on both video start and end. But not all the time...
Pages: [1]   Go Up