INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you get a handheld to appear?  (Read 1226 times)

nabsltd

• Recent member
How do you get a handheld to appear?
« on: August 11, 2003, 06:21:49 pm »

I use Media Center 9.0.180 and have a Sony Clie PEG-T665 connected to my computer.  The T665 has a built-in MP3 player for playing from Memory Stick media.

A removable drive (G:, in my case) appears on my computer, and it is the Memory Stick in the T665, but it doesn't show up in MC as a possible target to send things to.

Manually copying files works fine...they play just great, but I'd like to be able to just send them with MC if possible.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do you get a handheld to appear?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 05:40:54 am »

nabsltd,

If you see the removable drive letter, try dragging and dropping files onto it, or right click and choose 'Send To'.

Also, check out the following thread for some Clie info....

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1050691089;start=4#4

nabsltd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 11:25:56 am »

If you see the removable drive letter, try dragging and dropping files onto it, or right click and choose 'Send To'.
The removable drive letter showed up in MC's "My Computer" area, but not in the "...Handhelds" part.

Then, all of a sudden, it showed up.  I don't know what I did (if anything), but it's there now.

Now, if I could get MC to automatically send it to the correct directory on the Memory Stick, life would be perfect.  Oh, well, at least I can do everything from within MC.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 12:06:56 pm »

Now, if I could get MC to automatically send it to the correct directory on the Memory Stick, life would be perfect.  Oh, well, at least I can do everything from within MC.

Do you see the correct directory under the drive letter? If so drag and drop on it. If not, check the thread I mentioned above.  I do not have a Clie here to test, but the thread above mentions a solution.

Steve

nabsltd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 01:48:38 pm »

Do you see the correct directory under the drive letter?
Yeah, it's there...I was just hoping for an automatic solution. :)

On the other hand, now it seems that MC won't send more than one file at a time. I drag a few to the device, and when I "Upload Files", the first one is sent, and nothing else.  The status dialog for uploading doesn't even think about sending more than one file...the completion bar for the total job always is exactly in sync with that of the single (first) file.

It doesn't seem to matter what directory I send it to, either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up