INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 + Itunes  (Read 1876 times)

VetMed

• Recent member
MC 21 + Itunes
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:00:13 am »

I am really sorry for the following but I have tried to find an idiots guide on how to set up itunes with jriver. 
jriver has all my songs imported and sorted (over 60k songs)  I want to be able to use itunes so I can synch with ipod. 

1) Is it better to have tunes drive the files and jriver just monitor the folder?  I would rather not do this as I spent a lot of times getting the tag right.
2) How do I set up itunes so it does not screw with tags?
3) I currently use mc20.  Will 21 have added itunes/apple synergies?

Again thanks for your help and if I missed a wiki that walks me through this I apologize. 

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 + Itunes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:50:37 am »

Again thanks for your help and if I missed a wiki that walks me through this I apologize. 

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ITunes

No dramas. We're all pretty friendly in here.

Not sure if all the links in the above help but at least it gives you something to read.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 + Itunes
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:08:58 am »

If I still had an ipods or iphones, I would investigate a third party sync tool and find one that could easily sync a folder full of music files to my i-devices.  Then I would use MC's handheld sync system, to sync playlists, over to that folder (including the music files of course).  Finally, I'd use the i-device sync tool to sync the folder to my device.

The itunes integration all seems too complex to me.  But, then again, I haven't tried it.  I've spent probably 3 to 5 hours over the past year researching it at various times to try to help people.  But I haven't done it myself; just read about it.

Glynor has a complex way of syncing his MC to a separate computer where he maintains an itunes library; just for syncing iphones I believe.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up