INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot sync Samsung Galaxy Tab 4  (Read 6102 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Cannot sync Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:29:55 pm »

I have tried 2 different computers, 2 different cables, and 4 different USB ports (3.0 and 2.0). Windows 10 and Windows 7 see my tablet and card as a media device (per Android's new way of doing things), and I can browse the card and the tablet in Explorer. I can even copy files to the sd card in Explorer.

What I cannot do is ANYTHING in MC. It detects the 2 devices, but when I click on them it says 0 bytes of memory. Both the tablet and sd card say this. I even tried a different sd card as well. I even put a couple of songs on the card in Explorer and then ran MC and it wouldn't work.

I have the latest version of MC 21. I have scoured web sites for days, and none of the suggestions seem to work. I have even installed the Samsung drivers that have been suggested, but this does not work either. It seems to me to be strictly a MC problem, as Windows 7 and 10 both see the devices and can copy to them.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
Re: Cannot sync Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:53:26 pm »

I have now also tried debugging mode, and even switched to camera mode from MTP to no avail. I have found issues similar to this in the forum from long ago, but never saw a solution. As another poster commented, I too switched from Apple to Android for the sole purpose of avoiding iTunes and being able to use MC (for syncing!), since it is where my music has been for a decade anyway...

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:00:32 pm »

I don't use MC under windows, so I can't be super helpful with device drivers and things like that.  But here's a suggestion for a workaround.  Not a solution, but a way around the problem:

1.  Define a new handheld as being a directory on one of your hard drives that has extra space.
2.  Sync what you want on the phone to this new handheld, which will output a directory structure with your files and playlists in the location you specified in #1 above.
3.  Use a file copy tool (or just explorer) to transfer everything from this directory to the appropriate directory on your phone.

This should absolutely work.  It's got the down side of needing an extra copy on disk, but it's reliable and pretty easy.  Just a suggestion.

Brian.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:36:22 pm »

I used to do this, but the big problem is that whenever I update a playlist or add new music, I have to wipe the SD card and copy the whole thing over again. I had a GREAT sync program that would fix this problem for me, but the new versions of Android have locked the SD card and now it can't access the SD card. Why do things have to be so complicated?!? :-\

ShoNuff2Fast

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:40:34 pm »

get sidesyc from google store or samsung
Pages: [1]   Go Up