INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to connect to the Media Server remotely using JRemote or Webgizmo  (Read 3548 times)

jinxeddeep

• Recent member

I get a timed out error when trying to remotely (from outside the home network) connect to the server. I had my server and mac on and tried to connect to it using my LTE network through both webgizmo and JRemote (which i purchased hoping that it would resolve the problem) on my iPhone 6s running ios 10. Both of them, however, returned the timed out error. After going through the wikis and forum I disabled the firewall on my Asus RT-AC56U since this was listed as one of the solutions and tried to repeat the process but still ran into the same issue. It didn't change anything. I even restarted MC and reopened JRemote before reattempting. I also tried to open up the port that MC uses but that didn't help either, although, in all honesty I am not 100% certain as to whether I did it right. This was one of the primary reasons behind me choosing JRemote and JRiver so I am very disappointed that I can't seem to get it to work. I intend to move my files to an always-on HTPC soon and stream my rather, difficult-to-find collection of music (both on Tidal and Spotify) to my phone OTG.

I'd appreciate any and all help i can receive. Thanks.

Here's my setup

FLAC/MP3 on Macbook Pro's SSD --->JRiver MC 22.0.30 ---> Airplay/DLNA ---> NAD D7050 ---> Speakers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unable to connect to the Media Server remotely using JRemote or Webgizmo
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:42:13 am »

Please take a look at the Network Access topic on our wiki.

jinxeddeep

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 11:32:11 am »

i did that...and went through all sublinks on that page as well...disabling the firewall and rebooting the router didnt help...i just found this page that shows how to port forward my particular router FOR JRiver MC so i will try this tonight and report back...thanks

https://portforward.com/asus/rt-n56u/

jinxeddeep

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »

Port forwarding did the trick...i had it wrongly configured initially...i am now able to stream from the server remotely...i tried having transcoding on and that worked too... :)..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 06:42:46 pm »

Thanks for letting us know.

jinxeddeep

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:51 am »

Thanks for letting us know.