INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shuffle mode?  (Read 2145 times)

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
shuffle mode?
« on: August 10, 2003, 05:08:05 pm »

Is there any way to un-shuffle?  The only way I know how is to go back into player options and hit shuffle mode again.  Then go back to playing now, and click on track tab so that it goes back into the right order, then hit update order.  

This seems rather long for a simple un-shuffle.  Am I missing something obvious here?  Also, I don't see any indication that it is in shuffle mode or not.  

thanks-  Dan

phelt

Re: shuffle mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 05:43:57 pm »

There should be 3 tiny buttons near your playback slider. One of them has 4 vertical bars of equal width but varying height. That's the shuffle toggle. I don't use shuffle, so maybe you've tried this and it doesn't work - it should be noted as a bug in that case.

I think these buttons should be larger and skinned to fit with the regular play/pause/etc buttons. At higher resolutions they are difficult targets to hit and easily overlooked.

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 06:52:44 pm »

I found the button, so that is a step in the right direction.  When you hit the button, it shuffles the playing now.  But if you hit it again (to turn shuffle mode off) it does not put them back into the correct order.  You still have to go through the steps outlined above.  There should be an easy way to put them back into the corect order.  

nila

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 01:10:13 am »

dkan - its complicated because 'unshuffling' is not too common a thing to do - in fact I think ur the only person I've ever heard talk about it :)

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 01:15:13 am »

why not just save your PN as a playlist before you apply the shuffle. To revert to your normal sorted list just reload the saved playlist.

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 02:54:28 am »

But if you hit it again (to turn shuffle mode off) it does not put them back into the correct order.

So, for example, if you had 40 or 50 songs from several different artists shuffled in Playing Now, how would MC determine what the "correct" order is when you unshuffle?

Rob

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 03:19:41 am »

Is there any way to un-shuffle?  The only way I know how is to go back into player options and hit shuffle mode again.  Then go back to playing now, and click on track tab so that it goes back into the right order, then hit update order.  

This seems rather long for a simple un-shuffle.  Am I missing something obvious here?  Also, I don't see any indication that it is in shuffle mode or not.  

thanks-  Dan

I don't think you're missing something obvious.  I think it's the rest of us that must be missing something obvious - like why on earth would you want to unshuffle?

Explain the scenario.  How was you PN list generated in the first place.  How was it sorted before the shuffle?  Why did you shuffle it?

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 07:19:15 am »

wow! I can't believe I am the only one that has had the need for this.  I have been using MC9 for a few months now, but used winamp for several years before that so am used to that.

Here is a scenario:  I load up a "party" playlist, that contains many full albums from many artists.  I start playing them in shuffle mode, and hear a certain song.  I then want to only hear the album that song is on.  In winamp, I would just hit the shuffle button again to unshuffle, and then it would play in the right order.  

For MC9, I would have to turn shuffle mode off, then re-select that album.  Its not the end of the world, just a few more steps.  

I do agree that the shuffle mode indicator is not that obvious.  

shAf

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 08:49:53 am »

... how 'bout ...

(1) goto playlist
(2) clik on column header to sort preferentially
(3) right-clik a track ... "select all"
(4) right-clik again ... "play"

I hope that's correct ... I'm trying my best to remember ... but I do this on occasion ...

hth ...

cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 08:53:05 am »

So why don't you just sort by the album column(Assuming you have the album column in view in PN)?  Then if you want to keep it that way right click and 'Update order'.  

Alternatively, right click> Locate> Album then select all tracks + play.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 08:55:43 am »

In Playing Now:
1) Click on the Album column to sort by album (currently playing song should stay selected and in view)
2) Right-click on any song and choose Update Order

Does that do what you wanted?

You could also sort by Artist, Year, Genre, etc..  before doing the Update Order to suit your fancy...

-John

Edit: Guess I'm slower than JLee

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 11:53:04 am »

that was in my first post - "Then go back to playing now, and click on track tab so that it goes back into the right order, then hit update order"

My point was that using this is a lot of steps to un-shuffle.

Now, how can I do this in Hairstyle?  I can't.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up