INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: If you're bored...  (Read 21697 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
If you're bored...
« on: August 07, 2003, 01:30:02 pm »

If you'd like a glimpse of what we're working on, there's a new beta listed lower.

It's a work in progress.  Don't try it if bugs, crashes, and half-finished features will upset you.

Major changes are:

• The properties window has gotten smarter.  It auto-sizes, incorporates the drop target, and provides a split-view architecture.  Look for this area to expose more context sensitive tools and information in the future.

• The top bar of the program has been rearranged.  Expect it to change more before things are finished.  Once the design is finalized, the skins will be cleaned up for the new look.  For now, we know it doesn't look or work optimally.

Again, we've warned you.  Tread lightly.

[right click for properties won't work -- alt enter will]
    ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91228.exe

History:

1. Fixed: WMA decoder was not working correctly on Win ME.
    2. Changed: Data CD burning now allows advanced option of setting the ISO version (1, 2, 2-Long)
    3. Changed: CD burning dialog was rearranged to use less space.
    4. Fixed: Some CD rip/burn operations speeded up and made more fault tolerant.
    5. Fixed: CD burning would sometimes crash MC if user canceled operation or there was an error.
    6. Fixed: MP3 plugin could crash during playback of layer 2 files in some cases.
    7. Fixed: MC could crash when loading very large dual-playback image lists.
    8. Fixed: DVD playback was not working in some cases.
    9. Fixed: MC could start up with its file list scrolled down a few items little.
    10. Changed: Tagging mode lists "used" values first, then all values later. (like the properties window)
    11. Changed: Entering tagging mode automatically shows the panes.
    12. Changed: Pane splitter resizing more intuitive.
    13. Changed: When a DVD is inserted while MC is running, the default action is to start playing it.
    14. Changed: Remote control plugins can be activated from the options dialog.
    15. NEW: TV time-shifting supports audio compression.
    16. NEW: Redesigned properties window somewhat -- now called "Action Window". (still a work in progress)
    17. NEW: Action Window > Play shows "split pane" Playing Now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sraymond

Re: If you're bored...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 01:37:44 pm »

15. NEW: TV time-shifting supports audio compression.

Great addition...  That will come in *very* handy.

Scott-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 01:46:54 pm »

Right click seems to be broken.

I managed to open the File Properties box by hitting Alt-Enter. But I can't see that it's actually doing anything. There's no menu or anything that I can see.

And the splitters are going to be skinned again, eventually, right?

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 01:57:40 pm »

I like the location of the search bar BUT...you can't search within, say, a smartlist (and they are broken) as you could before (B226). Generally speaking though, I like the layout.

10-27

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 01:57:50 pm »

15. NEW: TV time-shifting supports audio compression

Oops, it should say "TV recording supports audio compression", at least for now. I am not sure if it gains anything by compressing audio during time-shifting, it definitely will strain the already-strained CPU. So I am not planning to put audio compression in time-shifting unless someone comes up with a very compelling reason for it.

In this build audio compression is automatically attempted during recording. It will pick an audio codec if one of the following exists in DirectShow filter form:

Windows Media Audio V2
MPEG Layer 3
Microsoft ADPCM

I am working on modifying configuration to allow users to pick a compressor.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 01:58:11 pm »

Ok, I'm starting to get it now. Obviously it's still a work in progress, but here are my thoughts...

The Playing Now list is pretty sweet. Make regular playlists act the same way, and it's a winner!

The right click menu to switch between the views, is, IMO not enough. A tabbed interface to switch between the views would be nice. But even the semi-toolbar that we had before would be ok.

One thing that could make it even nicer was if Playing Now was also a seperate item to choose, so we could more quickly get there.

I really don't like the new player bar, although I think moving the search box to where it is is a good idea. What would be nicer, though is if the location bar still displayed to current location where it used to, and the search bar was put in the middle. That way, the current location is still displayed next to the back and forward buttons. It seems more logical there.

And never mind that comment about my right click not working... It is now. Not sure what was up with that.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 02:00:24 pm »

All in all, I gotta say I really like where this is heading. It obviously needs to be cleaned up some, but... wow.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 02:01:51 pm »

17. NEW: Action Window > Play shows "split pane" Playing Now.

This is definitely a step in the right direction.  However I'd rather see the PN as a split pane below the library.  I need to see more info like BPM & Genre for compiling PN 'on the fly'

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 02:02:15 pm »

Sorry - but I'm not sure I like the position of the new Play Controls and Display area etc.

I would much prefer the Display Area (with the track name etc.) in the middle of the screen - as it was with the previous build.

Also, I don't like the volume and seek bar being on top of each other.

I do like the 'auto sizing' properties window - although it doesn't appear to auto size correctly on my screen and leaves a big white space underneath.  I'm also hoping the properties window will have some kind of border around it (as it doesn't look right somehow).

Thanks,

Mark

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 02:04:07 pm »

Right clicking works in most places, except in the Media Library view and the sub-views under it.

10-27

Svempa

• Recent member
  • Hepp, how u doin?
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 02:07:09 pm »

Looks good so far, but i found thing that realy drives me mad, when you double-klick on a file exnetrnaly, MC ads it to playing now and plays it. It used to Replace playing now, and thats the way it shold be!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 02:14:46 pm »

I like the split panes thing with the playing now down the left.  Very good for DJing...

Not sure about the play controls in the middle.  I'll probably get used to it but I would prefer them where they were and the display in the middle...

Had a crash in PLaying Now switching from an image file to an mp3 and now I am getting a crash every time I start to play.

If the enw ction Window is going to be context sensitive any cahnce the cover art could follow the currently playing track? :D

I like the auto sizing stuff but can there be a size bar as well?  SOme things automatically go small and I would like them bigger.  And cover art should be able to be sized to any size possible.

Please don't remove the option to select things in the action window so that it is just in the right click menu.  This confused me at first and I am an experienced user.  

The new drop target thing rocks...only thing I can think of to improve is maybe some icons in a mini location bar to jump to specific places rather than having to use the right click menu...The bitmaps behind are nice but could do with a bit more alpha blending as it is hard to read the text.

Any chance that the drag,drop go playlist editor could show the selected files like the playing now does??  I never use playlists persoanlly but for those that do it would take away all thoughts of split panes :D

Just noticed that sometimes the auto resize is screwy.  I now have statistics showing about amm tall.  Cannot read anything.  All the more reason to be able to override the autosizing sometimes too :D

Old Bugs:

Still getting the dodgy scroll bar error in all add rule dialogs (smartlists, searches)  I will try updating to the latest Catalysts but I think this defo MC

Adam

"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 02:14:52 pm »

I just noticed that you can't re-order items in the Playing Now split pane. You can choose where to drop them, but once they're there, there's no moving them without going to the real Playing Now. I hope that'll be addressed.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 02:15:06 pm »

Do you have any idea how much coding must have gone into this?!?

i didn't finish downloading it yet( iam acctually 56K and i usually call it "Cap Meter" :D...)
and my words i wrote is based on the history list above.. :)

and well yeah i know how much codes.. coz iam computer engineering department in the academy! :P
Tamer

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 02:15:54 pm »

"Drag, Drop, and Go" is a very good thing.

I like new location bar. Though, I prefer bigger buttons.

I am not sure I like each covert art resizes different.

Right click does not work in detailed list.

Album thumnails is always grayed!!!

I closed "Action Window" and it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to show it again.

Why dont you like tabs? Tabs can be clean, nice, and soft. For my way of use MC, the tree needs to much screen, and it shows many I rarely access. I switch between "Playing Now", and my favourites schemes. It does not justify the big tree (to me).

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2003, 02:17:33 pm »

I've posted a screenshot at the following URL:

http://www.markus.plus.com/MC.jpg

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like the new layout of the top part of the screen.  Also, note the white area under the properties window.

Cheers,

Mark

Pensive_Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2003, 02:20:43 pm »

Woah. Where'd the stop button go?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2003, 02:22:23 pm »

Just noticed the new controls for columns and sorting.  You sneaked them in quietly!! :D  Very nice especially the ability to reset by media type and to save for just this location or sub locations too... (Columns to show would still be easier if it was a dialog tho.  At the moment there are a lot of clicks if you want to add multiple columns)

retro: not sure about the player controls myself either but then I hated it when they were moved from the bottom left :D  Certainly nobody can say it looks like that Mac program now ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2003, 02:24:24 pm »

Lol Monkey.  I just realised that at exactly the same time I saw your post.  Where is it guys??  We gotta be able to stop now and again.  BTW Old skins still work okay they will just need a bit of tweaking.  Brushed Metal looks pretty cool...

Adam

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2003, 02:24:25 pm »

I just noticed that you can't re-order items in the Playing Now split pane.

I can.

Did you pay the comunity fee?  ;D

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2003, 02:26:49 pm »

I like the new plans for the action window. I can see how the drag, drop and go could be useful even though I don't play my music like that. I did miss being able to manually resize the action window though.

As for the top area, I really must say I prefer the old layout with the display in the middle. In the new layout, the buttons dominate the view. I think the display should dominate since this show what is playing. Surely that's the most important thing and should be the primary focus of that part of the interface.

For the time being I have uninstalled this build because of the bug with smartlists. I can't live without these for use with my iPod.

lOth

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2003, 02:31:52 pm »

Where did the 'Display options' in Hairstyle go?

Should this disappearance make us think you're currently working on HS too?  ::)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2003, 02:35:45 pm »

It is obvious you plan to reconsider top layout. I want to suggest (again) allowing a top toolbar independent of the menu. "Bottom" toolbar is a really wierd thing.

I would put not scheme dependant buttons in this top toolbar (as in any Windows application).

I think now is the moment to make this suggestion, so I do.  

NoCodeUK

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2003, 02:36:19 pm »

Show/Hide in the action window right click menu should be at the top level.

Adam

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2003, 02:37:58 pm »

I can definitely see the direction you guys are going with the Action Pane and I think it's going to shape up to be the best change to MC since the addition of panes (HAHAHA I LIKE THEM).  

I am not going to post the old bug list because you guys have just too much on your plate right now with these major changes.  Once the builds stabilize, we'll get back on that old wagon.

What is the chance of getting TV/Video to play down there?  I just had this vision of a baseball game playing in the Action Pane while I worked with MP3s.  In fact, I use zones so I can watch TV and play music at the same time.  Not important, just a neat idea for the future.

I think I'm with most people in saying I don't really care for the separation of the position slider from the current-playing box but, as Matt pointed out, it's going to change anyway.  It just seems like it might be annoying for people with low resolutions.

Keep up the good work guys.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2003, 02:38:18 pm »

The top bar is still a work in progress.  We know it isn't better.  At least not yet.

The right click menu to switch between the views, is, IMO not enough. A tabbed interface to switch between the views would be nice. But even the semi-toolbar that we had before would be ok.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be welcome.  A clean-n-simple look is very important there.  Tooltips + right-click was the cleanest, but we don't think it'll hold up in usability tests.  Ideas?

Where did the 'Display options' in Hairstyle go?

If you're not playing there are no options.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2003, 02:40:56 pm »

Lol Monkey.  I just realised that at exactly the same time I saw your post.  Where is it guys??  We gotta be able to stop now and again.  

The "stop" button is kind of expected, but really... Does not the "Pause" button offers same functionality?

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2003, 02:40:59 pm »

Smartlists seem to have stopped working. Every smartlist returns a list of everything in the Media Library.

I'm using Windows XP, MC v9.1.228

The system info option under help keeps giving an invalid argument error.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2003, 02:41:01 pm »

Don't worry too much about the details.  Things are still in progress and may move.  Many items are related to the skin itself.  Try other skins if you don't like what you see.

The big change was the addition of the "Action Window".  Activate it from the Edit menu or by hitting ALT-Enter.  Try right clicking on it for other options.  If you set the drag,drop to play/play, you will get the Playing Now list.

NO NEED TO REPORT BUGS on this version.  We know there are a few.  We haven't looked at all the reports from the previous version, so please don't re-report them.

Pensive_Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2003, 02:45:21 pm »

The "stop" button is kind of expected, but really... Does not the "Pause" button offers same functionality?

Not with TV. Stop = stop watching TV, Pause = Pause TV (Start Timeshifting)

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2003, 02:46:48 pm »

The top bar is still a work in progress.  We know it isn't better.  At least not yet.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be welcome.  A clean-n-simple look is very important there.  Tooltips + right-click was the cleanest, but we don't think it'll hold up in usability tests.  Ideas?

add buttons to the bottom toolbar.

or: splitt the bottom toolbar.
the part below the action pane could hold 'tabs' (or buttons to switch items to show).
the part below the lower right pane would hold the toolbar as we are used to it....

Ingo

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2003, 02:47:25 pm »

A button bar with small icons representing each section with the currently displayed section's button highlighted.  The button bar should be customizable via right-click (so a user can remove sections he never uses).  It should have the option to auto-hide or stay visible constantly and maybe even be displayed on the top or bottom (and maybe vertically left or right)?

This button bar should be "inside" the action pane and disappear when it is hidden.
Toast goes in the toaster.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2003, 02:54:51 pm »

What would be cool would be a button bar but the buttons are actually menus when necessary.  So the target button allows access to playing now, burner etc.  Stats button allows you to choose the page etc...  All vey clean and very simple...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2003, 02:56:17 pm »

And a PS...I dont think Pause and Stop are the same thing. There is a definite time when stop is necessary.  Even if it was a shift click on the pause button...don't tell me it is a shift click on the pause button ;D

Adam

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2003, 03:02:53 pm »

Regular vertical buttons in the left of the "Action Windows" or regular tabs on the bottom. It can be very clean (look at Visual Studio .NET IDE).

Now that you are working in the GUI, let me insist about the necesitty of droppable buttons (sorry to be a pain). Actually, there are to many available toolbar buttons, and they could be grouped in just one droppable button. The more obvious sample is the "Rotate button". Do I really need to waste 3 buttons spaces when one droppable button could be enoght? Same criteria could apply to "Locate button", "Send to" buttons, or "Library tools" buttons...

I dont know if it is possible to add images to the menus, but it could be a magnificent improvement. Not every thing is about number of click, it also count the number of items to read (the attention you need to pay in order to do the work). Good icons are soooo helpful.  

Sorry I dont attach any image. I have not web space.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2003, 03:04:52 pm »

The stop button will return.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2003, 03:06:10 pm »

Hooray for the stop button ;D

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2003, 03:10:58 pm »

And a PS...I dont think Pause and Stop are the same thing. There is a definite time when stop is necessary.  Even if it was a shift click on the pause button...don't tell me it is a shift click on the pause button ;D

Adam

No, there is no a shift click. But if you are able to click while holding CTRL-ALT-L and F6, the result is just what you wish.

Try it  ;D

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2003, 03:12:07 pm »

Well,

1) I like the new position of Search Bar, it seems to be more usable now.

2) I don't like the position of the controls in the middle, I prefer them on the left and the display in the middle. By the way, instead of copying the Mac, why don't you make your control buttons the same shape as your MC9 logo -  that would look really rock (Play in the middle, stop below, pause above, left and right). I think WinDVD has something similar and it looks really smart!

3) In the Action window you included Playing Now. That's ok, but the basic functionality of the property window has not really improved - just cosmetics.
Why are you so reluctant to group the fields according to media type and name them properly (audio, images, video as in Media Library)? And why are you so reluctant to have our own grouping as so many have asked for?

4) As I did not trust this new beta, I installed it on a second test pc and imported my backup files there.

This is really, really annoying  ?  I have over a dozen user defined fields and all those fields and the associated data don't get imported!
I would have to go through all those field add field forms again to define the fields exactly as on the first pc. This is really error-prone and annoying. I mentioned this bug a few times in the past, but it has never been fixed.

5) The same with View schemes. Would like to duplicate my view schemes on my second test pc. Is that possible? How?

6) Basically, I am of the opinion that refining functionality and make it rock solid is more important to have a really good product than UI cosmetics.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2003, 03:23:05 pm »

6) Basically, I am of the opinion that refining functionality and make it rock solid is more important to have a really good product than UI cosmetics.

Rock solid, yes. But now it is pretty solid, al least, it didnt crash me any time in the latest betas.

Refining functionality or adding new ones, would be great. I am also asking for new functionalities. But in my opinion, now it is more important to improve usability and GUI.  

Pink Waters

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2003, 03:30:36 pm »

1) I like the new position of Search Bar, it seems to be more usable now.

I agree..! :)

2) I don't like the position of the controls in the middle, I prefer them on the left and the display in the middle. By the way, instead of copying the Mac, why don't you make your control buttons the same shape as your MC9 logo -  that would look really rock (Play in the middle, stop below, pause above, left and right). I think WinDVD has something similar and it looks really smart!

I Totally Agree ::D
Tamer

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2003, 03:54:52 pm »

I agree..! :)

I Totally Agree ::D

Don't worry.  Be happy.  NOTHING IS SET IN STONE -- things will change.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »

No, there is no a shift click. But if you are able to click while holding CTRL-ALT-L and F6, the result is just what you wish.

I think I have injured myself.  Can you give me your attorney's name?  

Listening to: 'I'm In Love' from 'Atlantic Rhythm & Blues 1947-1974 Volume 6 1966-196' by 'Wilson Pickett' on Media Center 9.1   :-*

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2003, 04:43:25 pm »

I realize I answered to quickly. Now, I see the solution is harder to find, since each item to show has different necesities and "we" need to handle items and subitems.

I guess the goal is to minimize (or even suppress) any right-clicking.

I think regular tabs are necesary to handle the item to show. About the "sub items", we need different solutions, and I think the "Active Window" could be as a standart window (I mean it could hold menus and toolbar). I wonder about each item individually:

1) Tab "Drag, Drop, and go"

Drag and drop target could be a drop down list. Look at WMP drop down list to select the playlist to play. Could also be a title-menu-link (a title that becomes a normal menu when you click on it). The semi-toolbar you used in previous betas did not seem a drop down list, so you should consider a different design.

The actual "List" item, would become the normal right--click (just the same as right-clicking in the detailed list).

2) Statistics tab

It seems obvious to me that each individual item has to be in a drop down menu. I dont know

By the way, a "Artist" statistics is missing.

3) Images tab

The Image tools could be a menu inside the "Action Window". Or even better, a droppable button. Actually, there exists little difference between a normal menu and a droppable button.

4) Info tab

A button to "Copy to clipboard"? I dont see why not.

5) Playlist tab

A menu for Playlist tools. Or a droppable button.

6) File properties tab

The easy solution to supress right-clicking would be to have 2 menu items: "Library tools" and "Fields to show", but I think "Fields to show" shoud be a button that wuold open a dialog window to check (and even sort or group) the fields user wonts to shows.

I am sorry, but there is the need to make a dialog window to select columns to show. IMO.

------

I think this could be easy to implement using regular Windows controls, only question is about if it can still be clean. I think it can, we only need the right controls and the right icons.

Another question someone has to think is about how to group all "properties windows" in one side, and the new "Drag, Drop, and Go" in the other. Because "properties windows" (file info, image, playlist, etc.) refers to the selection.   "Drag, Drop, and Go" is another thing. I understand you dont want to hear about tabs and subtabs, but I had to say it  :)

sraymond

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2003, 04:48:05 pm »

Quote:  The right click menu to switch between the views, is, IMO not enough. A tabbed interface to switch between the views would be nice. But even the semi-toolbar that we had before would be ok.  

There's a lot of right-clicking required in MC...  tabs might go a long way to making operation more intuitive.  I was really (really!) hoping the changes included a tabbed interface...  sure, there's a real-estate hit with the tabs, but I think it's worth it.

Scott-

P.S.  I typed this post with my thumbs...  the doc says it will be a few weeks before my fingers are usable again.  But at least I don't have to type with my nose!

Pink Waters

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2003, 05:39:00 pm »

some additions must be added like goning through the windows explorer to a folder of media and then click fomr windows xp from the left "Play All" .. MC then adds tracks to playing now with the same number of the files in the folder but they are all a same track with the same rename...!

that passed on me really! ::)
Tamer

digitaltrapper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go smurf yourself...
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2003, 05:40:26 pm »

I never had a problem with the regular 9.1 version of the top window, and I don't think most people did either. Except for maybe the small search bar on 9.1

As for people thinking that MC is copying iTunes with the 9.1 interface... Microsoft has been copying Apple for years and for good reason... they make a good product.

Pink Waters

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2003, 05:52:12 pm »

The new version is UUUGLY. Man that top panel just sucks. But I know, it will get better. I never had a problem with the regular 9.1 version of the top window, and I don't think most people did either. Except for maybe the small search bar on 9.1

As for people thinking that MC is copying iTunes with the 9.1 interface... Microsoft has been copying Apple for years and for good reason... they make a good product.

you got that straight man!... you know microsoft is a huge company for softwares like the one hold all underneith!..8) ...

and if for the top player bar you included in your words.. i think this new MC top playbar interface is getting as much as MUSICMATCH jukebox ..( you know this new looking new user interface!  

keep up guys with the good work! ::)
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2003, 06:41:22 pm »

Well .,
i have a good idea that might help in the new interface of the playbar..
just a small button down the stop or pause button that closes the library window and clicking again to close the library window..

i included a screenshot of the idea:

http://www.netspaceonline.net/netspace/tomy00/MC.jpg

thanks..
Tamer

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2003, 06:43:28 pm »

Smartlists seem to have stopped working. Every smartlist returns a list of everything in the Media Library.

I'm using Windows XP, MC v9.1.228

The system info option under help keeps giving an invalid argument error.

I am having the same problem:

Listening to: 'The Healing Game' from 'The Healing Game' by 'Van Morrison' on Media Center 9.1

Listening to: 'Schubert - Quintet in A major, "The Trout" - Scherzo: Presto - Trio' from 'Trout Quintet, Italian Serenade, Eine kleine Nachtmusik' by 'Takacs Quartet' on Media Center 9.1

All from a smart playlist with the following rules:

[Genre]=[Gangsta Rap],[Hip-Hop],[R&B],[Rap] ~s=1200 ~sort=[Random]

And no, they aren't miss tagged.

Thanks,
kiwi
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up