INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you're bored...  (Read 21716 times)

LisaRCT

Re: If you're bored...
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2003, 06:10:23 am »

it would be rather amusing if they really had no new changes planned, but merely baited us into designing it for them . . . .
it could make for an interesting experiment as well as possibly leading to a great interface.

zevele10

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2003, 07:18:15 am »

Straight to 'Burn Cd' to see if process more friendly.
Got a small window on the left with a pack of blank cds on it.
I was sure that it was a window to show you the files you put in the burning project.-GREAT i said.....
But after a first selection ,i lost the left window and got an 'Track Info' in the tollsbar.
Clicking on it give me a 10 milles long window and BLANK

If i use Alt-Enter to see the properties of one song ,i got a blank full screen window with the same pack of blank cds picture.

One of us is messing around
Me?
MC?

chezchas

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2003, 04:40:55 pm »

No pop-up menu is displayed when I right-click on a selected file or group of selected files in the right-hand frame. That is, I don't get the menu that allows you to "Add to Playlist," etc. This is true when Media Library is selected in the Organization Tree in the left-hand frame (or any of the subchoices uner Audio Library -- e.g., Artists/Albums, etc.). It's also true when any Playlists or Smartlists are selected.  But it is NOT true when my iPod drive is selected under CD, DVD, & Handhelds. That is, I DO get the pop-up menu when I right-click on files in my iPod -- I can then "Add to Playlist" etc. I just can't do this for files in my Media Library which resides on my laptop.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I thought I should report it.

I'm using MC 9.1.228 and Windows XP with all updates applied. iPod is 5GB model with 1.3 updated frimware.

chezchas

chezchas

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2003, 06:42:25 pm »

When I copy and paste a group of files (e.g., an album's worth) from Media Library to a Playlist or from one Playlist to another, the group of files is pasted in reverse order. This requires some manual fussing around to straighten them out.

Not sure if this is an outright bug or not, but I thought I should report it. It would be much more convenient if groups of files were pasted in the same order in which they were copied.

MC 9.1.228, Windows XP with all updates applied

chezchas

jleerigby

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2003, 11:04:26 pm »

1. Right clicking an item in the panes selects that item.  The item should only be selected on left click (like the tree following your recent fix).

2. In the right click menu on the panes there is an option to reset selection.  This only resets the selected pane, which of course you can do more easily by clicking 'all' so I think this menu option should reset all panes.

3. We've debated in another thread whether the panes should reset when changing a selection on the left.  There was common agreement that this behaviour significantly reduces the power of the panes making all views work in a heirarchical fashion.  As some views (especially images but some music too) are not heirarchical there needs to be some way to have some view schemes set up so as not to reset.  I'm hoping that this one is fairly high on the agenda for change as it seems such a shame to have a great feature like panes and reduce their usefulness in this way.

nameless

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2003, 07:14:45 am »

The 9.1.226 thread is locked.  JimH said not to report bugs on the 9.1.228 build.  So how do we report bugs?

I am running 9.1.226, and I have the same issue with CD burning that Nila reported in the 9.1.226 thread:

Burning doesn't seem to work. Screen to burn comes up as if it's about to start. The information box goes white (no repainting and so does the windows task bar) then it just sits there.

When this happens, MC isn't using any CPU.  It's just sitting there, and the only option is to kill it.

I'm not going to bother with my specs, because this problem has been haunting me since I switched to 9.0.  Basically, it's a persistent problem with all the versions and builds.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2003, 03:29:07 pm »

Changing Playing Mode from Player pull down has no effect.  

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2003, 03:31:43 pm »

I can't burn with .228 because of problems already reported.  Can't go back to previous versions because it won't recognize my library and tells me to go back to the latest version.

Help - get me out of this; gotta burn some promised CD's .

jleerigby

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2003, 09:59:36 pm »

I can't burn with .228 because of problems already reported.  Can't go back to previous versions because it won't recognize my library and tells me to go back to the latest version.

Help - get me out of this; gotta burn some promised CD's .

Didn't you back up your library before installing?  You should always do this.  Have you tried creating a new library once you've reverted back to 226 and then reimporting your files?  

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2003, 07:45:42 am »

yes, library is backed up with every change.  Library issues work fine in .228, just can't go back to earlier version.  

jleerigby

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2003, 08:35:25 am »

If you've backed up your library there shouldn't be any problem going back to 9.1.226.  I've already had it confirmed by JimH that it should work and Marko (I think) that it did work (that he's successfully reverted from 228 to 226).  If you can't go back I recommend you start another thread giving as much info as possible - like the sequence of events, what error messages you get and when, what you've tried etc.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2003, 08:58:38 am »

JLee, thanks much for the help, guess I didn't state the problem accurately.  I can go back to .226 but I can't burn CDs in that version (problem reported by several people so I assume to be fixed soon.  My problem was I had to burn some CDs I'd promised for a wedding.  Couldn't go back to .180 or other older versions and couldn't burn in newest revs.

Anyhow downloaded a trial competitor program, remade Playlists, burned the CDs I needed.
Again, thanks for the thoughts

Ken

jleerigby

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2003, 09:09:51 am »

Anyhow downloaded a trial competitor program, remade Playlists, burned the CDs I needed...
You must be mistaken.  There is no competition for MC!

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2003, 11:00:52 am »

Since it's three pages long, excuse me for not reading every post to find out if this has been reported:

Anybody else notice the random "right click works now it doesn't" routine?

jleerigby

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2003, 11:11:37 am »

Since it's three pages long, excuse me for not reading every post to find out if this has been reported:

Anybody else notice the random "right click works now it doesn't" routine?
Yes.  Had it 3 times but can't find the pattern.  Still trying to recreate it.  When it does happen if you click on another view then back again it's OK.

I've also noticed that it's not possible to display the action window using the toolbar button if no tracks are selected.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up