INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with libraries  (Read 1492 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Help with libraries
« on: October 11, 2017, 04:45:03 pm »

Got myself into a pickle!

The question simply put is....what conditions or settings would cause songs to get into a library on manual import, yet minutes later be removed?

I tried unchecking "ignore files previously removed" in configure auto import to no avail. 

I try creating a new library and a fresh import.  No dice.

I've been working wonderfully for years.  Problem started when I lost a hard drive.  I tried pointing that PC to a shared drive, where that share it is a local drive to another PC in the house also running Media Center.  I tried using the share as a quasi local drive by pointing MC to it.  I also tried using MC to connect to the files by connecting to the server running on that machine.  The library got created but with lots and lots of dups. Somehow a small percentage but nonetheless many files were added with the file path of the mapped drive letter "b" and the dups also with a network path (\\mediaserver).  In a clean up effort, I apparently deleted the library entries  on the PC with the local hard drive.  I would have thought no big deal but after every import the files get removed from the library.  I've tried several times.  I tried a new library as well.  The import and then removal from the files in the  library is like clock work so I believe the application is following instructions, I just don't know where they might be set or a way around it.

Help most appreciated.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with libraries
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »

Make your life easy:  Start over.

Copy the files from your "extra" machine to the local disk on your original machine where you lost the files.  Then do the import.

Brian.

larryrup

• World Citizen
Re: Help with libraries
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:36:35 pm »

I will do that when the new hard drive get here.  The problem is I can't get MC to keep songs in the library.  This is on a machine that has a locally attached hard drive but where I must have accidently deleted them from the remote machine.  Take a look at the attached.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up