INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: analyze problem??  (Read 2243 times)

roadrunner562

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
analyze problem??
« on: August 06, 2003, 05:00:58 am »

I'm rum MC9 9.1.222 on XP. I understand that this is beta, but I can't seem to analyze more the 20-40 songs at a time, and sometime I do just 10 and they error out and get queued. Is this a bug in this beta verson or in all versons? I've tried running the update library option, turning off my screen saver, and turning off my virus program. I'm still having the problem.

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

LisaRCT

Re: analyze problem??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 07:05:33 am »

I have had this difficulty with a number of files . . .  regardless of what I have tried certain files just do not analyze but yield an error instead.
Others have stated that they has sucess working with smaller number of files at one time, this has not worked for me.
Unfortunately I do my analyzing while away from my PC, I often return to find the task incomplete as there have been errors and the analysis has stopped.   :(

Macavity

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 08:42:17 am »

I'm getting the same error. Works for about 100, then stops....

I'm using .226

roadrunner562

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 11:26:25 am »

I did upgrade to 226 but still have the problem.

fex

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 11:55:47 am »

Same here since December 2002...

Media Center Registered 9.1.225 -- C:\Programme\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 136 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:44  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

nila

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 12:27:45 am »

I have problems with Analyse Audio too.

I set it doing it every night, come back the next morning and have a message saying errors were found so it has stopped.

This isn't particularly helpful as it really doesn't help me get my files analysed.

If errors are found - make a note of it, analyse the next files and finish off the rest of my files.
At the END give me a list of files with errors.

Just cancelling the analyse defeats the purpose.

How am I meant to know what files had errors so that next time when I line up files to analyse I dont include the same ones?

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 07:11:40 am »

Some tips that work for me...

- Use a tool called mp3utility ( http://www.geocities.com/mp3utility/) This will find any bad mp3files. I use it mostly for finding sync errors. You can separate the bad files and see if that makes any difference.

- i usually reboot the computer when im about to do a analyse session, MC is the only program running and i dont use it to play stuff at the same time. I find this slows things down and for some reason causes crashes later. I find in this way, i can get about a 1000 files done.Of course things are very silent, this way and i cant wait to be done analysin' and start listenin'

- analyse audio writes tags which are IDv2, so if a file does not have them, it takes long to write these in. It helps if the drive that has the mp3s is defragged.

- Apart form that, i have noticed the odd crash, where MC just dissapears w/o any error message,

the previous posters suggestions about ignoring bad files is a good start.

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 07:21:26 am »

Yep, same problem here. However, I can usually manage a few hundred files, and once I managed 3,000 in one go.

I get two situations - either a "Media Core" crash, or it starts finding errors in files and halts the analysis. I have disabled writing tags to the file - the result of the analysis is held only in the library.

I'm also getting the "invalid argument" error when trying to get the system info...

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 08:12:17 am »

This is exaclty why, in a different thread, I asked for a "send to AA then playing now" feature, so as to analyze files when I play them which is how I do it now, but using longer steps to get there.

Yea, some out there will tell you this isn't a bug, but we know it is and it's been hangin' around a very long time now. No real fixes, but hit_ny has some good suggestions for getting farther before the errors occur. I myself have no corrupt files, but the errors happen all the time anyway. And I still have over 30K files un-analyzed, ugh!

roadrunner562

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 12:24:19 pm »

I might be wrong, but when it error out on some files and stop. I close the program and re-open it and start the analyze over with the error files on top and it analyzed them fine, so I don't think it is a file problem, but a bug.

Macavity

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2003, 11:55:03 am »

Definately a bug. I've gone through the exact same process. Stops due to errors with specific files, but after restarting on those same files, it works fine.....until 100-200 files later.

LisaRCT

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2003, 07:52:42 pm »

well at least I know it is not just me anyway   :)

Macavity

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2003, 03:16:48 pm »

Well...I finally finished analyzing my remaining files. The longest it ever stayed up without an error was 357 files. Sometimes it stopped after as few as 10.

Since I've got it set to analyze while ripping, I guess this particular bug won't be affecting me anymore. My sympathy to those still fighting it.

ecmartinjr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2003, 10:17:24 pm »

I have about 22,000 music tracks on my system and have been trying to "analyze" them.  I now have about 10,000 left to "analyze".  The most that were analyzed in one session was about 6000 tracks.  Then it crashed.  The crashing now happens after, or during, the first track that I try to "analyze".  There was a period between the first incidence of crashing and the present when the crashing started happening after fewer and fewer successful track analyses.  Checking my Windows error reporting log I see that the description of the error is "Faulting pplication Media Jukebox.exe.version 9.0.147.0 faulting module in_ape.dll.version 0.0.0.0. fault address 0x0000b325.
".  No, I don't know what that means.  Should it help, I have earlier today (August 10, 2003) downloaded and installed the current update of Media Center 9.0.180.  Why the error message is referring to "9.0.147.0" I don't know.  If anyone has a fix I would very much appreciate it.  As far as I can see, no one from JRiver/Media Center has spoken up in this tread.  I would be grateful for their help.  Thanks in advance, Ed Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up