INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Question About Photos Portion of MC21  (Read 1689 times)

handle22

• Recent member
Newbie Question About Photos Portion of MC21
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:24:09 pm »

I downloaded the trial version of MC21 for the purpose of using the software to get music from my CD's onto my computer and then onto a High Res music player.  I have figured out how to do that and am happy with that part of the software. 

What I did not expect was the photo program within the MC21 software which seems to have overtaken and assumed control over the photo duties on my computer.  I would like to be able to disable that part of the MC21 software and go back to having my old photo software be what I am using to work with photos.  I presume that is possible but do not know for sure and do not know how to shut off the photo program of MC21 and have it release the control it appears to have taken over my photos.

MC21 is probably better than the photo program I am now using and I would like to learn to use it some day but for now, I do not have the time to learn it and want to be able to continue to use the photo software I am familiar with.

Resolving this issue is all that I need before I purchase a license for the MC21 program.

Thanks in advance for any advice and instruction to help me with this matter.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Newbie Question About Photos Portion of MC21
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:04:14 am »

associate a file type with a specific program is windows basic 101
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:15:09 am »

What TAO1857 means is...

From the menu at the top, go to: Tools > Options > File Types

Scroll the list until you see the "image" file types....

Select each one in turn, unchecking the "File association" box you see there below the list of file types.
When your done, reboot.
Launch your "Photo" software and use it to assume control of your image files. It may prompt you to do so, if not, you'll need to find it in the options for that software.

-marko

handle22

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 01:43:22 am »

Thanks very much for the reply and well explained solution.  It was easy once I knew what to do and I have now resolved the issue of returning the photos back to the software I am familiar with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up