INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding fields in "Manage Library Fields"  (Read 1577 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Adding fields in "Manage Library Fields"
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:53:52 pm »

Can someone instruct me how to add a field to the Library that will save or show the CDID code for each Audio cd's. I am at the very beginning of using this program and my leaning curve. But I have need for this CDID code as my previous system stored all the tet and art work by that code. I can find the files easy with the code assessable.

Many thanks if help is available with this.

Regards, Harroun

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding fields in "Manage Library Fields"
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 02:05:18 pm »

is the code already written into your files as a tag?

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Re: Adding fields in "Manage Library Fields"
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:15:18 pm »

I had no way to save the code in a file at the time. I am fairly sure MC21 is saving and using this code to identify any cd inserted into a drive. When a Cd is inserted it will recall data saved on the local computer for that CD. I am not talking about any data saved on the ripped files.

What I see happing now is the program will calculate the CDID of the inserted disc, first look for any save local data and use that. If none found, then goes to the internet to look up data. If not found there, then the enter data dialog box opens and we get to type the stuff in by hand. Ugh!!! So it seems to me that code is there for any CD that has ever been on this computer.

I hope am being clear about this. Thanks for reply. Harroun
Pages: [1]   Go Up