INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Large sized Disk problem _ Think  (Read 1807 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Large sized Disk problem _ Think
« on: June 10, 2016, 12:59:55 pm »

Sirs, I am using a Surface Pro 3, top of the line version with Win 10 in 64 bit version. With an StarTech 2.5 inch dual external enclosure with two Samsung SSD 1 TB drives in RAID 0 configuration. Works great for over a year now, no problem at all and very,very fast.

I am in the process of loading up a new disc as described below, there are about 5000 CD's to rip and check over for accuracy of my old work. Thus I am very busy ripping files to the new disc's. Please read on.

Now have a second setup of the identical of above, but with 2 TB SSD's mounted for a total of 4 TB storage. Now problem. See attached screen shot of the disc almost full message and the properties of the disc.

For an unbelievable happening. The screen shot of an MT folder. That MT folder has "appeared" out of now where. And many more. It has to come from the library system as I normally live in Bangkok on the other side of the world and the original disc is located there. Now USA and I am 100% sure that I have NOT ripped this CD or many others yet. Please be assure I am not on drugs and have stopped drinking about 20 years back.

Needless to say this adds confusion to my current project.

Harroun

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Large sized Disk problem _ Think
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 03:56:57 pm »

I wonder if it is related to the "Temp" folder space. If you go to Tools>options>File Location>Program Files, does that location specified (probably "C:\") have enough free space?

You said these are external drives. When you remove and reconnect the drive(s) do they always get the same drive letter assigned? When you say "MT" folder, you mean "empty" right. Sorry these abbreviations sometimes go over my head.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Re: Large sized Disk problem _ Think
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:59:07 pm »

I had checked that before and it appears enough. See attached screen shot, at about 10% would seem enough. I had a peek in that folder and there is a bunch of the artwork files there now. I will watch that to see what happens to them. The problem has been going on for several days and I have several times shut the computer down and sometimes done a re-boot to try to clear up things. But the drives have remained with the same assignments. Never have I need to change the paths.

The second item is "corker". I am not a computer expert, nor a novice. This one has me scratching my head. For a while the count of the folders matched the number of Cd's ripped into the new drive. But now more folders are being added in excess of the ripping progress. Earlier today there were about 800 folders. Now the count is over 1500. There is no physical way to rip that many CD's in 6 hours time. The extra folders have no contents (IE: MT = empty). But the folder names valid names from CD's ripped to the old disc which I mentioned is on the other side of the world in Bangkok. My guess, probably not very good, but some how from the library data it is looking for those folders and in the process is creating the folders without a content. Of course there is no way for the library to put contents in a folder it does not have access to.

Hope this helps. I am all fore getting more involved with this program. I have high hopes that someday via the SDK and MS's Visual Studio I can make some contributions. I have plenty of ideas, but no skills now. Industrial PLC's no problem, the are simple.

Regards, Harroun
Pages: [1]   Go Up