INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Switch Testing  (Read 1876 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Smart Switch Testing
« on: August 06, 2016, 07:59:33 am »

I have been testing a few z-wave switches.  They are meant to be plugged in to ordinary outlets and to host a lamp or other device.  

Here are the three I have done so far:

If you click on the picture, you'll get a bigger image and I think you can then read the labels.

Left to right are:

Everspring AD147-6
Medium size, works as a dimmer, a little slow (3 seconds) to turn on,  but quick to turn off, no click.

Fibaro
Small, nice design, minor click when turned on or off, like a tick and tock, has a subtle ring of color when active.

Aeotec
Biggest of the three, a prominent colored ring of light around the face, louder click, has a USB port on the side, has a button that switches it on or off on the face but hard to see it.

All three work well with Engen, although the Aeotec shows up as a color device and isn't.  All have an on/off switch for manual use.

All cost around $45 to $50.  All are European models, which use a slightly different frequency for Z-Wave.

Everspring also makes a dimmer and it works well.

Including a couple of Aeotec bulbs I bought, I now have six devices in two rooms, controlled by Engen and the Panel Lighting web app.  It cost about $375, including the Aeon Z Stick.

Using the Lighting web interface on any Android or my notebook, I can turn lights on or off individually or all at once.
Pages: [1]   Go Up