INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Guide "Jumps" to Playing Channel (Bug or Feature?)  (Read 2121 times)

mx4789

• Recent member
TV Guide "Jumps" to Playing Channel (Bug or Feature?)
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:23:03 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I personally find it annoying...

In theater view, while viewing the guide (with program playing down in right hand corner) if I am scrolling up & down thru the guide looking for something else to watch and the top (or bottom) of the hour occurs, say 1:00pm or 1:30pm then the guide "jumps" up to the channel that is currently playing.

Example: I'm watching channel 20, I press the guide button, the guide comes on screen and channel 20 continues to play down in the corner. As I scroll thru the guide down to say channel 54 *if* the time happens to change from 1:59pm to 2:00pm then instead of the guide staying in the area channels 53, 54 & 56, it "auto-scrolls" or "jumps" back up to the area of channels 19, 20 & 21 (with the focus returning to channel 20). And then I'm like WTF? What just happend?

Just thought I'd point it out in case it's a bug. If it's a feature, then I vote no.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Guide "Jumps" to Playing Channel (Bug or Feature?)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 07:23:43 pm »

That is an unusual one!

I wouldn't call it a bug, but it definitely wouldn't be a deliberate design feature. I suspect MC is doing some TV background check of something on the hour and half hour, and so jumps to the active channel.

I've never seen it, but that's not surprising given the timing requirements to make it happen.

Anyway, there have been a bunch of focus and retaining position in the TV Guide types of changes. I guess this is another one to fix.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Guide "Jumps" to Playing Channel (Bug or Feature?)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:11:33 pm »

eenee meenee miney moe, bug, feature, bug, feature...

It is an unintended feature.   ;D

Why would you be browsing the guide when it is about to update itself?   ;) ;)
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up