INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Recorded TV Files  (Read 2046 times)

k6jav

Moving Recorded TV Files
« on: November 19, 2016, 11:58:44 pm »

I ran out of disk space on my C: drive, so I moved all the recorded TV files from C: to D: using Windows Explorer, and changed the file location in Media Center TV settings.  None of the previously recorded shows are now listed under recorded TV.  I recorded a new show, and its files are on D: with the old shows, but only the new show is listed in recorded TV.  How do I make the old shows show up?  Also, I would like to view the shows that my wife has recorded on her computer, over the network, but I do not know how to accomplish this.  Any help would be appreciated.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving Recorded TV Files
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 07:12:55 am »

You need to have MC "watch" the folder(s) where your new media goes.
Go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders then "configure auto import..." Click in the "Add" button, then browse to the new location(s) where you recordings are saved. Add this/these locations.

For each location, you can also have MC perform other tasks each time it detects/impots new media, such as add a Tag (like "TV Show") or "Analysis Audio", etc.

EDIT: I think I was wrong (at least partially) in my response above. As I recall now, after reading Yaobing's reply, the Recorded folder is always monitored. So when you changed the location of the recording folder any "new" TV recordings would have been picked up (imported) automatically. It was those recordings that you moved manually into the new folder that were the problem. So once you "imported" them as per Yaobing's instructions, you would be done. Going forward all of your new recordings would be automatically imported from the new Recording folder.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Moving Recorded TV Files
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:48:06 am »

You can also just right-click on the new folder, and choose Media Center > Import.

In the future, when you need to make moves like this, you can do it inside MC, instead of doing it in Windows Explorer.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up