INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I create a Custom Library Field to show TXXX tags created by MC?  (Read 3995 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'd like to add this tag so that I can delete an unwanted TXX (Album Artist) tag that gets created by MC for dsf and mp3 files.

I managed to get it to work with other tags (like iTunNORM) as a test but never managed to show any of the TXX tags.
See snapshot attached.

Thx

ferday

• MC Beta Team

Normally to set a TXXX you just need the common name

So TXXX (album artist) should simply be
album artist

I've done this recently with a few TXXX and confirm that it was working for me

imeric

• MC Beta Team

It won't let me as there is already an Album Artist tag (TPE2 standard) in there ...
I just want to delete the TXXX unnecessary duplicate that gets created.  This only applies to mp3 and dsf files.

blgentry

That field you show appears to have been created by you in MC's database.  If it was an included field, it's type would be greyed out.

You should be able to delete that field without any problem if you don't want to see it any more.

MC does not create fields no matter what it sees inside the tags of files.  As far as I know.

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team

It's not an unneccessary duplicate

TXXX is read by foobar and squeezebox for sure and maybe others.  I'll see if I can figure out how to empty it but it can probably be done with mp3tag

edit: mp3tag consolidates TPE2 and TXXX so you can't edit it there either.  I think it's because that certain programs map to TXXX and TPE2 so they are both always written.  i haven't used kid3 in forever but it does have a command line interface which may force edit the tag, IDK.

edit1:  TPE2 used to be "Band" but was changed to "album artist" since it was a more common usage.

imeric

• MC Beta Team

mp3tag and/or dbpoweramp is what I use to clean these up EDIT:(or even foobar).

Foobar doesn't need this TXX tag for album artist and will show duplicates when both TPE2 and TXXX are present (which is actually the main reason why I want to clean these up).
I'm unable to get rid of the duplicate in Foobar

I have a lot of toys but no squeezebox so I can't comment :)
Thx for the help ferday
Pages: [1]   Go Up