INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Gizmo  (Read 2556 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Problems with Gizmo
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:36:03 am »

So I am having issues with Gizmo not being able to connect to my server outside my home network.

My original setup was running JRiver 20 on a Win7 based desktop in my office and then a laptop running JR20 was providing music to my stereo in the kitchen and livingroom. Originally, I had a library server loaded for each machine and I would import playlists from my PC to my laptop. At this time, each machine had its own access code and I was able to access both machines from within my home network just fine.

However, I soon discovered that as I was tagging and rating my music on my PC, thhose library tags were not carrying over to my laptop library. Thats when I read about cloning my desktop library so that my laptop could have all the same file information as my desktop. Once I did that, I noticed that both my desktop and laptop had the same access code. I could then access either machine within the network as long as only one machine was running.

I have configured my router for port forwarding on 52199 and I had my desktop working outside of my home. Until I went to access my laptop within the homenetwork and then I noticed I could not access my desktop outside the network.

This is primarily how I want to use  Gizmo..... accessing my desktop from outside the network and accessing the laptop from within the home network. Is there anyway to do this while syncing the libraries and having to use just one access key?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:07 am »

You can use an IP address internally so you can be sure that you're always pointed to the correct machine.

Brian.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »

How do you set up an IP address in Gizmo?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:53:16 pm »

New Server:  Enter IP with port

Example:  192.168.1.2:52199

The port should always be 52199 unless you've manually changed it somehow.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up