INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request to add "Year" field to Recording Rules  (Read 2728 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Request to add "Year" field to Recording Rules
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:28:23 pm »

Can the JRiver dev team add the field "Year" to the list of fields available for setting up Recording Rules (we have Season now).

Why? For example, I am wanting to recording the new "The Odd Couple" TV series. This the 2015 remake of the 1974 series. At first I was using "Series is The Odd Couple" and getting episodes of the new and old series mixed together.

I tried setting the series to "series is The Odd Couple (2015)" but that gave me no recordings.

Since both the old and new TV series have Season 1, 2, 3, .. and Episode 1, 2, 3, ... I can't use "season", so I can't think of any way to set up my rules to record only the 2015 series.

If JRiver could add the "Year" to the Recording Rules, I think I could setup "Year is greater than or equal to 2015" or "Year starts at 2015" or something similar.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Request to add "Year" field to Recording Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 09:04:55 pm »

I believe there were plans to add a few more fields to the Recording Rules. Still on the To-Do list I'm sure.

"Year" would be a good addition.

So would "Episode", so that I could set up a rule for "Episode > 12" for example, similar to "Season > 5", which I am using now on a few series. Or just to catch a particular missed episode with "Episode = 13" for example.
So would "Genre", "Keywords", "Rating" (I mean Star-rating here. I just realised that I have no program rating [AO, M, PG, etc.] in my EPG feed! I'm sure I used to.), "TheTVDB Series ID" (Since it is a relational field and gets added to my EPG records for Series that already have a value. Handy to record a specific Series.)
Maybe even custom fields, as I have a relational field for "Favourite TV" Series, which is added to my EPG feed automatically, and could be used to catch any showings without mentioning specific shows in the Rules.

Anyway, "Year" first huh?

I see TheTVDB lists that series as "The Odd Couple (2015)". I assume that "(2015)" isn't included in your EPG feed, either in the series name or description, even as "2015"?

If so, you could just search for 2015 in all fields and that should catch the series you want. For example, a rule that includes [Series] = "The Odd Couple" AND [Description] contains "2015". i.e. ([Series]=[The Odd Couple] [Description]="2015").

Note: This last wouldn't actually work for me, because EPG Collector strips the year value out of the Description field and places it in the EPG "Year" field. I would have to change settings in EPG Collector to stop it stripping out the year value. Your EPG source may do the same.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:53 am »

bump.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 05:14:03 am »

bump

Any chance this could be added in the MC22 release?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 07:29:54 am »

Yes.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up