INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with importing a MPL playlist containing stacked images  (Read 1877 times)

andori

• Recent member

I exported a playlist of images to a mpl file and then imported the playlist into an empty library.  Some of the images were members of stacks.  Despite the mpl file having stack tags in it, the images were not associated to stacks after being imported into the new library.  Below is an excerpt of the mpl playlist for two images that are members of the same stack.
Anyone know how to get images to associate with stacks when imported into the new library?

Code: [Select]
<Item>
<Field Name="Filename">C:\Dropbox\Photo Library\2016\201606\20160625-215910-IMG_2557.jpg</Field>
<Field Name="Name">IMG_2557</Field>
<Field Name="Stack Top">629295</Field>
<Field Name="Stack View">1</Field>
</Item>
<Item>
<Field Name="Filename">C:\Dropbox\Photo Library\2016\201606\20160625-215604-IMG_2554.jpg</Field>
<Field Name="Name">IMG_2554</Field>
<Field Name="Stack Top">629295</Field>
<Field Name="Stack Files">629294</Field>
<Field Name="Stack View">1</Field>
</Item>

andori

• Recent member
Re: Need help with importing a MPL playlist containing stacked images
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:14:45 pm »

Bump.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on a workaround?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »

andori, apologies. I did look at this when you first posted, here's what I found....

When we stack things in MC, MC assigns the stack a (seemingly) random stack ID of around eight numbers.

I expanded a stack, then exported the mpl list and removed the files and stack data from the library. Well, I checked the "also remove all stack files" check box on the delete dialogue, even though I had all of the stack files selected for deletion anyway, as I believe that that would also remove all of the stack data.

I then re-imported said files. There were 21 of them.
They did not stack.
However, when I rebuilt the stack by way of selecting the 21 files, and right clicking on my 'top of stack' file and using the stack menu, MC placed them back into the same stack ID as they had been before being deleted.

As I couldn't see anyway to have files imported to the stacks database in this way, I shrugged my shoulders and moved along, conveniently forgetting to send you a reply in the process :)
Now, while I have been typing this reply, a thought has occurred...

I wonder if the "error check and correct stacks" option would have fixed that stack?

Also, if it interests you, I wrote a kind of 'how stacks work' thing a wee while back...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55782.msg379242#msg379242

andori

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:03:15 pm »

Thanks Marko for the response.  I had previously found that post (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55782.0) as well as the wiki (http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks) and another post (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65617.0).  Using the information, I had created a smartlist that contained all images, even those that were members of a collapsed stack.  I was also able to create a smartlist that contained only images that were members of a stack, collapsed or not.  These are what I was exporting to the MPL Playlist.

After importing them into the new library I selected them and then selected the Stacks > Advanced > Error Check and Correct Stacks option.  Unfortunately, it didn't recreate the stacks either.  Below is the output of the operation
Stack Error Report
Checking 16 files.
Found 0 top files.
(Additional files not listed could be affected.)
Stack check complete.  0 errors found.

I had created a calculated library field using the expression below to help identify the stacks to which the image belong and whether or not the images was the top image.
if(IsEqual([Stack Top], -1, 2),, [Stack Top] - if(isempty([Stack Files]),,Top Image))
I figured I could use this when importing into the new library, however it appears that calculated library fields are not written to MPL playlists.  So that was a non-starter. (screen shot attached)

Is the fact that MC21 is not rebuilding the stacks upon import a defect, or is it working as designed?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up