INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: change registration name  (Read 2240 times)

skibum

• Recent member
change registration name
« on: July 13, 2016, 10:23:46 am »

Hi,

I have a computer that I got from someone else.  This computer has JRiver installed on it that is registered to someone else.

I uninstalled JRiver and then downloaded and re-installed JRiver 21.  The problem is that the same previous owners name still comes up as the registered owner.  I cannot change it...

Is there a way to delete the previous persons information from the computer/JRiver so I can install my own copy of JRiver?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: change registration name
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:50:06 pm »

To do this, you will need to delete or rename the license in the Windows Registry. This will put Media Center back into trial mode, and likely past the 30-day period. You will then need to install a license that you've purchased.

skibum

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:09 am »

To do this, you will need to delete or rename the license in the Windows Registry. This will put Media Center back into trial mode, and likely past the 30-day period. You will then need to install a license that you've purchased.

Thank you.

That is no problem.

Where in the registry is the license?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:08:12 pm »

You can find it in the registry under: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\JRiver\BuyButton\2.0\JRiver, Inc.\Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up