INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cloud storage?  (Read 2192 times)

decano

cloud storage?
« on: July 16, 2016, 09:41:11 am »

hi i was wondering if i were to install the jriver on a  new system would it have all the music and media i have imported to a previous installed version or is this a purely hard drive program. note i have been using the jriver progrmas for long time but cant seem to find a new program that i like is user friendly and has features i like to use except for jriver only drawback is if i move to a new system rig i lose all media nearly does this new version have any cloud features?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: cloud storage?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 07:38:42 pm »

Based on what you have written, and therefore my assumptions about your technical capability, I advise that you get help from a person who is PC literate and can help you set up a new system and transfer JRiver and all your music/media files across.

If you are buying a prebuilt PC system from a business that builds PCs in house, rather than just sells boxed PCs sourced from elsewhere, then they would probably be able to transfer JRiver for you and get it all working.

JRiver MC is hard disk based. It doesn't have Cloud features, although it does have similar features. But they won't do what you seem to want, which I understand is when you install a new system, then log into your cloud service, all your music is automatically downloaded again for you. Again, I could sort of make that happen just for the music and JRiver library and settings, but not for the JRiver application, and it wouldn't be done by the JRiver application after you installed it either. It would have to be done separately. It wouldn't be automatic. It would have to be done by someone who knew what they were doing. If your music collection is large, using the Cloud to transfer it probably isn't the best solution.

So, my advice is to find someone local to buy the PC from and set it and JRiver MC up for you. If you have a friend who is PC literate and willing to help, that would be an option as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: cloud storage?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:32:02 am »

You can move your MC files from one computer to another. The easiest way to do that is to attach the new system to your local network and copy the files from the old system to the new ones. You would need to set up sharing on the old system to do that.

MC uses a library that contains your MC settings, information about the music/movies, such as tags, as well as pointer to the actual media files. The actual media files that contain the music/movies are separate from the library. So, you need to move both the library and the media files. To move the library, do a library backup (File - Library - Backup Library) then copy that file to the new system and restore it (File - Library - Restore Library).

Also copy the media files to the new computer. For the library to see them, the media files need to have the same path as on the original computer (e.g. c:\Myfolder\MyMusic). If you media files are on external disks, you can just move those disks to the new computer. Just be sure the disk designations are the same on the new computer. If not, you can use the library Rename option to change the disk name that MC is looking for.

You can use the cloud to backup media files but MC does not use the cloud files directly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up